• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Inauguration Day thread - Impeachment articles filed; was fun while it lasted

spoke at my graduation

don't remember a single thing about it other than having to have extra security

does anyone remember anything he said?

All I remember is one line that became kind of a family joke: "I believe in you. Well, not you in particular."

It was clear he was trying to say that he believed in the young generation overall beyond that particular class of graduates, but he messed it up.

My class had Charlie Ergen, who addressed his entire speech to his daughter who was in our class and waxed poetic about all of the children's books they read together. That was it. That was the commencement address. Such a letdown.

I had fucking David Brooks. What a donk.

Saw Biden speak at my sister's Coast Guard Academy graduation, though.

5c783a09dcb6daca53bc489c95566a98.jpg

spoke at my graduation

don't remember a single thing about it other than having to have extra security

does anyone remember anything he said?

I remember it being good not great and a little weirdly political. I mean, I agreed with him but I was liberal.

My class had Charlie Ergen, who addressed his entire speech to his daughter who was in our class and waxed poetic about all of the children's books they read together. That was it. That was the commencement address. Such a letdown.

That was my sister's class. She's still mad about it.

I had Cardinal Arinze, who was Niki Arinze's uncle or something. It was incredibly dull and hard to understand.

We had John Chambers, CEO of Cisco Systems. His daughter and niece were in the class, I think. Really lame move to have someone's dad give the commencements address. I remember he said that all of us in audience would have at least 10 internet connected devises, phone, gps, medical monitors, etc. on our person at all time 10 years in the future. Completely missed the boat that we would all carry a single device capable of all that and more. Year after us had John McCain (I think) and we had someone's dad. Totally lame.

We had John Chambers, CEO of Cisco Systems. His daughter and niece were in the class, I think. Really lame move to have someone's dad give the commencements address. I remember he said that all of us in audience would have at least 10 internet connected devises, phone, gps, medical monitors, etc. on our person at all time 10 years in the future. Completely missed the boat that we would all carry a single device capable of all that and more. Year after us had John McCain (I think) and we had someone's dad. Totally lame.
I remember him speaking but couldn't tell you anything about a thing he said. What a terrible choice for commencement speaker

I remember it being good not great and a little weirdly political. I mean, I agreed with him but I was liberal.

That was my sister's class. She's still mad about it.

I'm still butthurt about it too.

The ladyfriend went to Tulane and she had the Dalai Lama give the address (who she said you couldn't really understand, but still) and Dr. John and Allen Toussaint played. And I'm sitting over here with the DISH Network donk babbling about green eggs and ham or some shit.

Last edited:

Generally speaking, CEOs are a pretty lame move. There are some that would be pretty cool, but like 99.99% of them would suck.

we had jack kemp. i was drunk and don't remember any of it. i'm sure it was boring.

graduations are way up at the top of the worst ways to spend time

My mother guilted me into attending mine even though I finished undergrad in June and graduated in Dec. I had been a real adult with a full time job for seven months, and our company Christmas party was the night before. It was awful.

Y’all notice a trend? Wake’s cheap as shit.
Sort of. Wake traditionally hasn't paid their commencement speakers, so some years we'll have a parent or alumnus who will donate a buttload of money for the opportunity. It's hit or miss, but I'm sure we extend invitations to cool people most years.

Sort of. Wake traditionally hasn't paid their commencement speakers, so some years we'll have a parent or alumnus who will donate a buttload of money for the opportunity. It's hit or miss, but I'm sure we extend invitations to cool people most years.

Well, another parent who spoke became President a few years later.

We had the CEO of IBM. Like Milhouse, I was hammered (and hungover?) and don't remember shit other than it was like 1,000,000 degrees on the quad.

what a donk that guy is

ate a communal table with his family in New Orleans

was he a commencement speaker?

Yeah class of 2008. It was hugely uninspiring from the moment they made the announcement. I frankly didn’t even know who he was.

Back