• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Inauguration Day thread - Impeachment articles filed; was fun while it lasted

Trumps inability to do the little things is why he is no longer president.

This is oversimplifying to the point that it feels intentional. Trump did fail to implement good-sounding, incremental, and potentially meaningless things that would have pacified the media. Instead, he was obnoxiously loud in ways that were actively harmful, which is the real reason why he isn't president.

People aren't angry at Trump because he didn't implement a federal mask mandate with debatable effectiveness. People are angry at Trump because he actively discouraged mask-wearing at all for literally months while people were dying and the virus was spreading.

Show me anywhere anything is mentioned about a plane.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/health/biden-first-day-health-executive/index.html

It's literally a "challenge".. big whoop. But it seems to get all of you guys hard. It would have taken no effort to have done this in March. Trumps inability to do the little things is why he is no longer president.

As for COVID, my whole family has already had it. We made the decision to send the 2 year old to preschool and he brought it home. Calculated risk, but that was our choice. We had a very mild case.. And I am happy to fly anywhere so buy me a plane ticket please!

You sure it was your two year old that brought it home?

This is gonna be the right wing the next four years. Whiny as hell and purposefully misinterpreting why people and the media didn't like Trump in a desperate attempt to try to make Biden look worse or similar. Pinocha has already started it here.

Did she catch it on a Federal Property? If so, then this new order may have helped..

You sure it was your two year old that brought it home?

Yes - The Mrs. is a nurse so we initially suspected her, but after a long series of PCR, rapid, and antibody tests we were able to confirm the origin. Luckily we didn't travel during Thanksgiving as originally planned.

The big takeaway is that it is very hard to catch an active infection in children under 5, of which we have 2.

This is gonna be the right wing the next four years. Whiny as hell and purposefully misinterpreting why people and the media didn't like Trump in a desperate attempt to try to make Biden look worse or similar. Pinocha has already started it here...
It’s a culture war. It’s always been a culture war. Conservatives could hold every single seat in government and they’d still perseverate on their cultural unpopularity. These people have been losers since schools were desegregated and Elvis died.

Show me anywhere anything is mentioned about a plane.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/health/biden-first-day-health-executive/index.html

It's literally a "challenge".. big whoop. But it seems to get all of you guys hard. It would have taken no effort to have done this in March. Trumps inability to do the little things is why he is no longer president.

As for COVID, my whole family has already had it. We made the decision to send the 2 year old to preschool and he brought it home. Calculated risk, but that was our choice. We had a very mild case.. And I am happy to fly anywhere so buy me a plane ticket please!

“The 100-day mask mandate applies on federal property and on airlines, trains and transit systems traveling between states, though Mr. Biden will direct the government to work with state and local authorities on similar steps.”

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/mask...om-the-biden-administration-regarding-travel/

It’s a culture war. It’s always been a culture war. Conservatives could hold every single seat in government and they’d still perseverate on their cultural unpopularity. These people have been losers since schools were desegregated and Elvis died.

Yeah but before the GOP was lead by guys like McCain, the Bushes, Romney etc who at least projected the image of being nice guys so the comparisons made sense on some level. Trump, of course, was never this. It's just funny to watch them play that same card even though most people with an IQ over 80 know that Biden and Trump have completely different demeanors and personalities so comparing the way the media/public treats them is idiotic.

Thanks Brews. So it's not as dumb as I originally thought.. though I am pretty sure all airlines enforce masks and have been for awhile.

The Biden admin also passed a rule that goes into effect on the 26th that all international travelers must have a rapid test within 72 hours of your inbound flight. I had to change my MexiCOVID trip due to that policy. Don't want to get stuck somewhere I can't drive back.

400,000+ dead. Innumerable with long-term health problems. pinohadeac shitposts about how it causing him an inconvenience on his Mexican vacation.

^This. No amount of political power is ever really going to ease the indignant anger of these folks, because they'll always have social and cultural grievances and resentments about something. They've been losing the culture wars since the Civil Rights Movement and lessening of television and movie censorship. A single liberal celebrity saying something that offends them is enough to make millions of them go berserk. They look for reasons to be offended. Somewhere there will always be a celebrity or college professor or a minority or somebody who will say something that right-wing media and social media can amplify to gin up their outrage. If I remember correctly, when somebody pointed out to sailor in 2017 or 2018 that Republicans now controlled all 3 branches of the government, his response was basically that it didn't really matter because LibDems still controlled just about everything else, especially Hollywood and popular culture. So they'll forever be victims, even if they do retake complete control of the government.

Thanks Brews. So it's not as dumb as I originally thought.. though I am pretty sure all airlines enforce masks and have been for awhile.

The Biden admin also passed a rule that goes into effect on the 26th that all international travelers must have a rapid test within 72 hours of your inbound flight. I had to change my MexiCOVID trip due to that policy. Don't want to get stuck somewhere I can't drive back.

Does the point still stand?

Back