• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Inauguration Day thread - Impeachment articles filed; was fun while it lasted

Inauguration Day thread - Parade Across AMERICA!

Yeah but before the GOP was lead by guys like McCain, the Bushes, Romney etc who at least projected the image of being nice guys...

I think that’s exactly what conservatives were rejecting by electing Trump and developing a cult of personality. They couldn’t gain cultural acceptance by feigning respectability and nobless oblige, so they did a 180 and picked an insufferable douchebag Twitter troll who’s the living embodiment of a middle finger.

I think this is what’s different about Trump that’s made him more popular and personally connected to Republican voters than previous politicians - he fully represents and encourages their resentfulness, spite, and egotism more than anyone before him. Trump hasn’t created anything new, he’s just made people feel unashamed to embrace the worst parts of their identities. He’s a truth serum for assholes.

Last edited:
Does the point still stand?

Yes: Wear masks on Federal Property and Planes (already happening). A good signal of best intentions, which the media will fawn over, but pretty toothless. Pretty basic and something that Trump could never do.

Yes: Wear masks on Federal Property and Planes (already happening). A good signal of best intentions, which the media will fawn over, but pretty toothless. Pretty basic and something that Trump could never do.

Trump could have done it, but he's a narcissistic sociopath who will never care if Americans die needlessly.

Wanted to make sure I go on record wishing the Biden-Harris Administration much success. Challenges will be many but I'm confident they will do their best.
While I didn't vote for him, it is indeed a pleasure to see a breath of fresh air in the WH and have that lunatic elected in 2016 out of the picture.

I mean we have several members of Congress who tested positive for coronavirus after having to huddle in some room with asshole Republicans who openly mocked wearing them. They were in said room because other asshole Republicans were storming the Capitol.

I'm confused. Are people upset with Biden because he hasn't done anything in 40 years, or that he is about to do all the things in 4 years? Seems like mixed messaging.

I personally don't think Biden is going to be a very meaningful president. I'll be amazed if his legacy extends past "not Trump", and I'm ok with that. Of course, we've all gotten an inflated sense of just how important the office of the president really is. Trump made it seem as though the world couldn't turn without him, because that's what he wanted his supporters to believe. In reality, the president doesn't really control a whole lot directly.

I'm confused. Are people upset with Biden because he hasn't done anything in 40 years, or that he is about to do all the things in 4 years? Seems like mixed messaging.

I personally don't think Biden is going to be a very meaningful president. I'll be amazed if his legacy extends past "not Trump", and I'm ok with that. Of course, we've all gotten an inflated sense of just how important the office of the president really is. Trump made it seem as though the world couldn't turn without him, because that's what he wanted his supporters to believe. In reality, the president doesn't really control a whole lot directly.

Welcome to the internet!!!

Just because someone has had it does not mean they can't still carry it and pass it on. Keep traveling though. Very compassionate.

The right wing is utterly shameless in this country

No. I just thought we had our first senior moment with some word slurring. Biden has held up pretty well for such a long day.

No. I just thought we had our first senior moment with some word slurring. Biden has held up pretty well for such a long day.

I understood him just fine. Just because Fox News claims he’s some mushmouth doesn’t mean he actually is one.

Back