Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Pitt at WF -- 6 pm Saturday ACCN

Jonah is one of our better perimeter defenders. Heís not the quickest, but heís always in the right spots and on the right rotations. Heís always stripping and ripping on dribble drives too. His defensive energy is fantastic.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

Pitt at WF -- 6 pm Saturday ACCN

This win definitely wasnít a fluke because weíve been staying in games until the last 10 minutes up to now. We just needed to keep up the defense, make some shots, and have a little bit to our way like poor opp FT shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Resilient Deac View Post
    I interpreted that as we had no chance of postseason with our previous 2 coaches. Yeah, we've started off slow and there's a 95% chance we don't make postseason, but we have a team who is buying in and playing their asses off. So, we could catch a heater in Feb-ACCT and who knows..idk
    A few programs wonít be in the postseason due to COVID which opens up more spots. As of now thereís still going to be an NIT. Our next four opponents are 6-5 State and three teams under .500, the other four teams in the bottom third of the ACC. Thereís a chance.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 01-24-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Banhammer'd
    Quote Originally Posted by deacon22 View Post
    Jonah is one of our better perimeter defenders. Heís not the quickest, but heís always in the right spots and on the right rotations. Heís always stripping and ripping on dribble drives too. His defensive energy is fantastic.
    He's a lot like Arians was. Austin was not a great heads up defender, but he was good at help defending. He got his hands on a lot of passes and kept alive a lot of rebounds he couldn't get himself. Antonio is more wing oriented but seems a lot like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BudatWake View Post
    Won the game with hardly a paint touch. How is that possible?
    Only got to the line 12 times

High IQ and deceptively athletic

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    This win definitely wasnít a fluke because weíve been staying in games until the last 10 minutes up to now. We just needed to keep up the defense, make some shots, and have a little bit to our way like poor opp FT shooting.

A few programs wonít be in the postseason due to COVID which opens up more spots. As of now thereís still going to be an NIT. Our next four opponents are 6-5 State and three teams under .500, the other four teams in the bottom third of the ACC. Thereís a chance.
    Let's win the whole fucking thing.

There was a lot to like in the win. The guys played hard all 40 minutes and got a good result.

Antonio looking better and better. Ready to shoot at all timrs.

Massoud was just unconscious. Hope he doesn't go Harvey Hale.

Not having a letdown game Wednesday will show a lot about this team.

Kind of ugly at times but so is a lot of college basketball now. Take away for me is Forbes is a great motivator, teacher, and has this team playing hard and bought in. Also showing clearly that he can coach the game as we've been staying in games and finally got over the hump with a hodgepodge of a team that is not exactly over-talented. We are one or two elite players away from being for real, and I think Forbes knows how to get them to Wake.

Jonah was on the floor to play defense with a 1 point lead with 4 seconds left after a dead ball. I donít think any of us would have predicted that

Whitt will be fine if he can develop his outside shot and understand how to finish at the rim like an ACC guard. He'll learn the rest easily with more games. Nobody has mentioned how exciting the improvement of ODY is. He's gonna be a legit player. Great for the players to finally win against a good Pitt squad, but there will be A LOT for Forbes to coach about finishing out the game. Don't be too disappointed with many more losses because clearly our outside shooting is the key to winning. Not easy to do.

Yes, Ody seems to be the difference maker with this team. When he is on the floor the Deacs have been able to hang with just about everyone. If he can stay out of foul trouble I think he can be a legitimate double double player every game.

Banhammer'd
    Ody has improved greatly. He needs to slowdown and get a little more touch. He's understanding what to do. Next is to do it without thinking about what he is doing and being mechanical.

If Eman can learn the same this year, it will be a huge plus.

Quote Originally Posted by lbdeac94 View Post
    Yes, Ody seems to be the difference maker with this team. When he is on the floor the Deacs have been able to hang with just about everyone. If he can stay out of foul trouble I think he can be a legitimate double double player every game.
    If Forbes had two or three Ody's, he could get this team to the middle of the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by SC DEAC View Post
    Jonah was on the floor to play defense with a 1 point lead with 4 seconds left after a dead ball. I donít think any of us would have predicted that
    I do think Jonah plays good defense. He hustles his ass off and plays smart. He knows his role and gives everything on the court. All our players playing with alot of heart and pride. Very unselfish bunch. Haven't seen this in years.

Accidentally think we drove by Forbesí house this afternoon.

Tiny tree in the front yard is rolled...!
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Quote Originally Posted by WFU03 View Post
    Say what? The ACC POY as a team cancer?

I was in school the same years as JHo and I don't remember that feeling at all.

Speaking of Howard, Champagnie's game reminded me a bit of Howard's.
    During JoHo's sophmore year there was a contingent that called him a team cancer. That's a fact. Then Skip came in and he helped him become the APOY.

Quote Originally Posted by BudatWake View Post
    Won the game with hardly a paint touch. How is that possible?
    or lots of FT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Deac83 View Post
    During JoHo's sophmore year there was a contingent that called him a team cancer. That's a fact. Then Skip came in and he helped him become the APOY.
    Plus his political views on the Iraq War were disapproved of by some on the former boards after the hit piece in the WSJ.