• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitt at WF -- 6 pm Saturday ACCN

That’s a relief after a really tense last four minutes. Great to see a close one finally go out way.

How about them Deacs!

My boy Forbes!

Massoud unreal tonight!

We need to figure out how to break pressure and not turn it over at the end of every game! If we can figure that out, we will win a lot more games!

I'm not sure how COVID and finding qualified talent are mutually exclusive. But, oh well.

Who do you want him to sign in late Jan? What a joke. Of course we need more talent. That's what the recruiting thread is about. Enjoy the W or suffer with your pessimism, your choice.

I have only see Carter Whitt play occasionally. He looks extremely slow, not much of a shot, seems turnover prone, a slightly above average passer, and not good on defense. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he should be a senior in HS, but he does not seem like he is an elite point guard. It was clear today our point guard play was much smaller and less athletic than PITT. It almost cost us the game.

I have only see Carter Whitt play occasionally. He looks extremely slow, not much of a shot, seems turnover prone, a slightly above average passer, and not good on defense. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he should be a senior in HS, but he does not seem like he is an elite point guard. It was clear today our point guard play was much smaller and less athletic than PITT. It almost cost us the game.

Agreed. I am not hugely optimistic about him. I completely understand his age but I’m not seeing the same thing that others are in regard to the future being bright.

Whitt looks like he is still thinking a lot and trying not to do something wrong.

Massoud all game. Then some help from Antonio and Ody in the second half. Just barely enough.

I'm so glad they were able to hold on. I'd be worrying about the mental state of the team if they didn't get over the hump with this one.

Held Pitt to 11-33 FG (1-4 3pt) in the 2nd half. Pitt held themselves to 7-14 FT after they went 9-9 in the 1st half.

Those of us that are being optimistic see how he played the first games against worse teams and think there is a game speed adjustment he’s trying to make right now. Based on his high school rankings and most ACC freshmen hitting the wall at some point, there’s reason to believe.

But yeah, he’s struggling to get his game to this level currently.

My heart. Lots of educational opportunities for Forbes but they will come with a smile.

Rebounding improved. Defense improved. Ody and Johnson with big contributions. Antonio huge from three in the second half to propel the Deacs to the lead. Davien solid despite late turnovers.

I think Ishmael Massoud played well enough for you boo birds to lay off for a day or two. He won this game for the Deacs by keeping them in the game with 31 points. Best offensive performance by a Deacon in years.

Last edited:
Years Ago the Socal Prophet predicted ISH to the league, I think Jonah Antonio will be in the league. He may have the quickest release of any college player I can recall in sometime. He seems like he could be a three point assassin with that release.

Also, If SARR would have stayed we would have quite an inside outside game.

Back