• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitt at WF -- 6 pm Saturday ACCN

This win definitely wasn’t a fluke because we’ve been staying in games until the last 10 minutes up to now. We just needed to keep up the defense, make some shots, and have a little bit to our way like poor opp FT shooting.

I interpreted that as we had no chance of postseason with our previous 2 coaches. Yeah, we've started off slow and there's a 95% chance we don't make postseason, but we have a team who is buying in and playing their asses off. So, we could catch a heater in Feb-ACCT and who knows..idk

A few programs won’t be in the postseason due to COVID which opens up more spots. As of now there’s still going to be an NIT. Our next four opponents are 6-5 State and three teams under .500, the other four teams in the bottom third of the ACC. There’s a chance.

Last edited:
Jonah is one of our better perimeter defenders. He’s not the quickest, but he’s always in the right spots and on the right rotations. He’s always stripping and ripping on dribble drives too. His defensive energy is fantastic.

He's a lot like Arians was. Austin was not a great heads up defender, but he was good at help defending. He got his hands on a lot of passes and kept alive a lot of rebounds he couldn't get himself. Antonio is more wing oriented but seems a lot like that.

Jonah is one of our better perimeter defenders. He’s not the quickest, but he’s always in the right spots and on the right rotations. He’s always stripping and ripping on dribble drives too. His defensive energy is fantastic.

High IQ and deceptively athletic

This win definitely wasn’t a fluke because we’ve been staying in games until the last 10 minutes up to now. We just needed to keep up the defense, make some shots, and have a little bit to our way like poor opp FT shooting.

A few programs won’t be in the postseason due to COVID which opens up more spots. As of now there’s still going to be an NIT. Our next four opponents are 6-5 State and three teams under .500, the other four teams in the bottom third of the ACC. There’s a chance.

Let's win the whole fucking thing.

There was a lot to like in the win. The guys played hard all 40 minutes and got a good result.

Antonio looking better and better. Ready to shoot at all timrs.

Massoud was just unconscious. Hope he doesn't go Harvey Hale.

Kind of ugly at times but so is a lot of college basketball now. Take away for me is Forbes is a great motivator, teacher, and has this team playing hard and bought in. Also showing clearly that he can coach the game as we've been staying in games and finally got over the hump with a hodgepodge of a team that is not exactly over-talented. We are one or two elite players away from being for real, and I think Forbes knows how to get them to Wake.

Jonah was on the floor to play defense with a 1 point lead with 4 seconds left after a dead ball. I don’t think any of us would have predicted that

Whitt will be fine if he can develop his outside shot and understand how to finish at the rim like an ACC guard. He'll learn the rest easily with more games. Nobody has mentioned how exciting the improvement of ODY is. He's gonna be a legit player. Great for the players to finally win against a good Pitt squad, but there will be A LOT for Forbes to coach about finishing out the game. Don't be too disappointed with many more losses because clearly our outside shooting is the key to winning. Not easy to do.

Yes, Ody seems to be the difference maker with this team. When he is on the floor the Deacs have been able to hang with just about everyone. If he can stay out of foul trouble I think he can be a legitimate double double player every game.

Ody has improved greatly. He needs to slowdown and get a little more touch. He's understanding what to do. Next is to do it without thinking about what he is doing and being mechanical.

If Eman can learn the same this year, it will be a huge plus.

Yes, Ody seems to be the difference maker with this team. When he is on the floor the Deacs have been able to hang with just about everyone. If he can stay out of foul trouble I think he can be a legitimate double double player every game.

If Forbes had two or three Ody's, he could get this team to the middle of the ACC.

Jonah was on the floor to play defense with a 1 point lead with 4 seconds left after a dead ball. I don’t think any of us would have predicted that

I do think Jonah plays good defense. He hustles his ass off and plays smart. He knows his role and gives everything on the court. All our players playing with alot of heart and pride. Very unselfish bunch. Haven't seen this in years.

Accidentally think we drove by Forbes’ house this afternoon.

Tiny tree in the front yard is rolled...!

Say what? The ACC POY as a team cancer?

I was in school the same years as JHo and I don't remember that feeling at all.

Speaking of Howard, Champagnie's game reminded me a bit of Howard's.

During JoHo's sophmore year there was a contingent that called him a team cancer. That's a fact. Then Skip came in and he helped him become the APOY.

During JoHo's sophmore year there was a contingent that called him a team cancer. That's a fact. Then Skip came in and he helped him become the APOY.

Plus his political views on the Iraq War were disapproved of by some on the former boards after the hit piece in the WSJ.

Back