• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Filibuster - Kill It for the Good of Democracy

We're in a Republican utopia where they can stack the courts with majority-only votes and also prevent the Dems from legislating (you know, using government to fix problems and help people) using the filibuster. It needs to stop. The libs need to quit being pansies, ditch the filibuster, and pass bills the people want.

Also, since when did the threat of a filibuster cause the Dems to negotiate when they weren't already prepared to do so and McConnell respond in good faith? The ACA example directly disproves it.

If Dems didn't start it, it wouldn't have gotten started. Do you see how that works? If you're looking for the root cause of the breakdown of the system, that's where you look. At the start. And that's on the Dems.

I blame Barbra Boxer.

Or he is referencing all of the Republicans who blamed Boxer for opening the door to contesting the electoral college and it flew right over your head. If that's the case I would say that you look like the bird brain in this scenario.

I don’t know if this is a product of your disability or if it is just basic stupidity, but “Barbra” Boxer wasn’t a senator, birdbrain.

I got you so fucking good on this joke that you can only go with an insult about a typo. Good stuff, man. That’s some raper wit.

LOL. Now Junebug is going to talk about how he's never raped anybody.

LOL. Now Junebug is going to talk about how he's never raped anybody.

I want to clarify that “raper wit” was an intentional malaprop to see if he would take the bait and double down on my bird-brainedness. Instead he sent me an apology PM. Thanks Junebug, I’ll try to forgive you, but I’ll never forget.

I think it’s pretty telling that the most intellectually honest conservative we have left in the tunnels gets drunk and mocks people with disabilities for their disability.

I want to clarify that “raper wit” was an intentional malaprop to see if he would take the bait and double down on my bird-brainedness. Instead he sent me an apology PM. Thanks Junebug, I’ll try to forgive you, but I’ll never forget.

I think it’s pretty telling that the most intellectually honest conservative we have left in the tunnels gets drunk and mocks people with disabilities for their disability.

See the double standard? You make an obvious word play and nothing happens. I paraphrase a famous movie scene and get banned for seven days. :)

There are at least 3 Dem senators against killing the filibuster. Guess they have no desire to actually, you know, pass legislation.

That could definitely change after McConnell kills a couple of important bills.

isn't McConnell also holding up the transfer of committee chairs to the Ds?

#DCStateHood weeps

"But though DC is geographically small, it is densely populated, with more residents than both Vermont and Wyoming. In contrast, many western states have large, lightly populated areas. Take Loving County, Texas, an area almost 10 times larger than DC but with only 82 residents as of the 2010 Census." Empty spaces over people, amirite, Angus?

Link: https://ggwash.org/view/79091/more-people-live-in-dc-than-all-of-these-western-counties-combined

McConnell is holding up naming Dem chairs unless Schumer puts in the bill that Dems will never try to kill the filibuster. Fuck McConnell, put it in there and the day after it goes through, hold another vote overturning that section. Give McConnell some of his own medicine.

"But though DC is geographically small, it is densely populated, with more residents than both Vermont and Wyoming. In contrast, many western states have large, lightly populated areas. Take Loving County, Texas, an area almost 10 times larger than DC but with only 82 residents as of the 2010 Census." Empty spaces over people, amirite, Angus?

Link: https://ggwash.org/view/79091/more-people-live-in-dc-than-all-of-these-western-counties-combined

Angus’ point was ‘fuck dem feelings’, and it still stands no matter what the math says.

Biden needs to have an Oval Office address on Feb. 2 if McConnell hasn't relented on the Covid package. Make it short and sweet. Have pictures of McConnell, Paul, Hawley, Cotton and Rubio on easels. Biden needs throw down the gauntlet:

"My fellow Americans, I promised to pass a Covid bill to get $1400 into your pockets, money to open schools, funding for Covid vaccines and distribution. It passed the House over ten days ago, In addition to my team. I have personally reached out to Sen. McConnell to find common ground. The reason this bill hasn't passed. The reason school reopening hasn't started. The reason your job isn't hiring you back and vaccines haven't been fully distributed is Mitch McConnell and the Senators you see here. They are prolonging your pain for partisan reasons. They have prolonged your pain since May.

It's time for these men to put what's good for America over their partisan demands. We can overcome Covid, but ALL Americans must put each other first.

Thank you. God Bless America and God protect our troops."

It's time to stop being a pansy. It's time to stop being afraid of your shadow. CALL THEM THE FUCK OUT BY NAME!

Schumer got rolled by McConnell. Schumer needs to go.

Back