Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 229

Thread: 2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread

  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    No, coaching basketball. On non game nights Iím usually in bed by 830 and asleep by 9. Game nights are later but I can sometimes get a workout in after school and before the game.
    Gotcha, was just curious. Really want to start playing hoops again once this shit is behind us, but it's basically the ultimate "not during COVID" sport.

    In bed by 8:30. Incredible.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by DCDeac View Post
    Gotcha, was just curious. Really want to start playing hoops again once this shit is behind us, but it's basically the ultimate "not during COVID" sport.

    In bed by 8:30. Incredible.
    Yeah, I played pickup with some of my guys the other day and it's the first time I've played since last year. I was p terrible. And yeah, I'm lucky on the bedtime, because both my kids are normally out by 8 and my wife is a really early riser as well, so we're both on the same schedule. And when you get up at 4, you're just about spent by 8.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Itís so freaking cold in my garage right now.
    lol

  4. #184
    Pre covid Iíd get/help get the kids to bed on weeknights by 7:30 or so and work out in the basement on a rower from like 8-8:30. Not ideal but it is a low impact enough exercise that I didnít feel like Iíd puke up the dinner Iíd had.

    This has now shifted to mornings around 7:45am. Thatís way later than Iíll be able to do things in the morning post covid so Iíll either have to wake up earlier or go back to evenings.

  5. #185
    I'm pretty lucky when it comes to the gym. Our office gym has a full squat rack, olympic bench, adjustable bench, 600lbs of plates, dumbbell set through 50lbs and a couple multifunction machines. Only 2 or 3 of us use it at all, so I keep a change of clothes in my office and I am in the gym by 5:05pm most days.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Itís so freaking cold in my garage right now. Not looking forward to working out in there later today.
    Update: I did not work out in there today.
    Hungry

  7. #187
    Iím worried based on the lack of posts that we are not keeping each other accountable.
    Hungry

  8. #188
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    9,223
    Did a workout yesterday that was completely about triceps. Can't say that it did much for me at the time, but it hurts to type today. So I guess it was successful?

    We're moving in less than 3 weeks, so packing has become the priority. Taking down pull-up and dip bars today so that I can fill the holes and repaint. This will not help the fact that I suck at pull-ups.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    Did a workout yesterday that was completely about triceps. Can't say that it did much for me at the time, but it hurts to type today. So I guess it was successful?

    We're moving in less than 3 weeks, so packing has become the priority. Taking down pull-up and dip bars today so that I can fill the holes and repaint. This will not help the fact that I suck at pull-ups.
    Better work on that grip strength, bro.

  10. #190
    My fancy ass smart home gym arrived and I'm a week into strength training with it. Pretty cool so far.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    My fancy ass smart home gym arrived and I'm a week into strength training with it. Pretty cool so far.
    How is your soreness level?

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    How is your soreness level?
    about 5/10 the day after but by 2 days after I'm fine. I'm slowly upping the weight with each session. Don't want to go all out when I've never done weights before. alternating weight days with running outside for cardio

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    about 5/10 the day after but by 2 days after I'm fine. I'm slowly upping the weight with each session. Don't want to go all out when I've never done weights before. alternating weight days with running outside for cardio
    You are approaching this in a very intelligent way.

  14. #194
    I feel like the more I work out, the more minor injuries I incur and more exercises I need to do for this tendonitis or that genetic weakness

    it's like a part time job

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    I feel like the more I work out, the more minor injuries I incur and more exercises I need to do for this tendonitis or that genetic weakness

    it's like a part time job

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    You are approaching this in a very intelligent way.
    Sometimes my physical therapy training comes in handy even though I havenít stepped foot in an outpatient/sports clinic in 5+ years (except as a patient since I have no idea how to treat sports injuries)

  17. #197
    Iím very sore today. The DBs have added a nice new component to the home gym and definitely makes me use other muscles that werenít being engaged previously.
    Hungry

  18. #198
    Sore today from mountain biking yesterday for the first time in probably 6 months.

    I think Iím too addicted to my Fitbit data but itís kind of depressing anyway to see my resting heart rate creep upwards the past month or so even though Iíve been cardio exercising at a consistent level for the past year.

  19. #199
    I wrapped up a solid February as far as goals and consistency on the old Peloton...


  20. #200
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    9,223
    Quote Originally Posted by DCDeac View Post
    I wrapped up a solid February as far as goals and consistency on the old Peloton...

    You did better in January, Olivia.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •