• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

What are people listening to when they’re working out?

Nothing. I run with nothing, I bike with nothing and do strength outside in a group.

That sounds miserable.

My current playlist is Amazon Music’s 100 Greatest Dirty South Songs.

That sounds miserable.

My current playlist is Amazon Music’s 100 Greatest Dirty South Songs.

You get to listen to the world. There’s so much going on.

Admittedly, I sing lots of songs in my head. Usually, it’s intros to 80s cartoons. Go figure.

Nothing. I run with nothing, I bike with nothing and do strength outside in a group.

This is the way. I prefer to run without ear buds, though I will admit that I like to have them when rowing or lifting.

To Cav's questions; I've been cycling between some punk playlists and then hunting for specific songs for big lifts. Brent Fikowski (crossfit athlete) has some public playlists that I've started to try out as well.

I row in front of a TV usually with some sort of serial show with a story or action that can distract me from the misery and tedium of rowing. Never run with music or anything though.

A sample from the workout playlist from this morning.

Azealia Banks-212
Seasons of Love-Rent Soundtrack
Bring Da' Ruckus-Wu Tang
Baby Sitter-Da Baby
Mother-Danzig
Se piangi se ridi-Mina

And like half of the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack, because I'm a weird dude.

I need some good playlists.

I don't understand how people can run without music, and I trail run in nature all the time. Y'all are insane.

I don't understand how people can run without music, and I trail run in nature all the time. Y'all are insane.

I find it super meditative - my runs are better without music because I can really tune into my thoughts and how I'm feeling.

A sample from the workout playlist from this morning.

Azealia Banks-212
Seasons of Love-Rent Soundtrack
Bring Da' Ruckus-Wu Tang
Baby Sitter-Da Baby
Mother-Danzig
Se piangi se ridi-Mina

And like half of the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack, because I'm a weird dude.

I need some good playlists.

Other than Danzig and Wu Tang, I have no idea who anyone on your playlist is.

I find it super meditative - my runs are better without music because I can really tune into my thoughts and how I'm feeling.

Bro, the entire point of working out is taking all those problematic emotions and smashing them with weights and creatine.

Bro, the entire point of working out is taking all those problematic emotions and smashing them with weights and creatine.

Yeah, that's what the barbell is for - runs though, give me that quiet.

I listen to music when lifting... Bluetooth speaker in the basement (or brought outside to the driveway). All kinds. Trance, 90s hip hop, 80s hits, 70s classic rock, whatever shitty playlist my wife pulls up, etc.

I don't need music when I run. I totally zone out and just think about things... Similar to leftcoastdeac, I guess. I also hate running, so maybe I am doing it wrong.

And mako... I totally dig the 2-1-2 transition to Last of the Mohicans. That type of random switch is 100% in my wheelhouse (as are those specific songs/albums). There are few things more motivating than that Last of the Mohicans soundtrack.

I’ve come up with some great ideas and insights while running, all of which I instantly forget but still. I can also pay better attention to with things like breathing, footfall or strides because my creaky legs get sore when I’m sloppy.

What are people listening to when they’re working out?

Depends. On the Peloton I usually look for rides that feature 90's/00's rock, pop punk or alt/indie rock. When running, which I'm starting back into this week after taking about 9 months off, I alternate between a personalized Spotify running playlist I've been tweaking for about a decade and podcasts about soccer or history.

The key to the Spotify running playlist is the 50/50 mix of quick, fast paced pop/rock/indie songs and longer pop/rock/indie songs that build.

Back