• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

FWIW, I went the Keto cycling route. 5 days on per week, weekends I take off. I do Territory Keto reset meals for lunches, cook Keto-friendly stuff for dinners. Coffee breakfasts to limit eating hours. Some bourbon and a glass of red wine on occasion at night. During the weekends it's pretty much whatever I feel like.

Compared to friends who went hardcore Keto, my results were certainly slower. But they were still legit, plus it's been easier to keep going for months at a time. Overall it feels like a relatively easy lifestyle change and the results have been excellent.

This is my plan starting in March. Revert to more of a "soft keto" which still avoids white carbs, but allows for a weekend cheat day. Eating bread just makes me feel bad, I've probably got some sort of gluten thing. I also really enjoy not waking up feeling full or bloated, and the coffee breakfast is so easy. After a week I stopped feeling hungry in the mornings, and now I mix in a weeknight were I skip dinner and end up fasting for about 24 hours. I actually did this last night and just ate lunch. I drink coffee, water and the occasional flavored sparkling water and don't get hungry at all.

I guess having a diet with rules and whatnot is helpful for some people, but to me, the principles of eating healthy are super straightforward and don't involve peeing on strips to determine ketosis or whatever

The only thing that has ever worked reliably for us is counting calories and monitoring macros. Just buy a scale and log everything you eat/drink in an app like myfitnesspal. I know having strict rules and elimination diets works for some folks, but doing it this way has one rule: if you consume it you log it. I never feel guilty about anything I eat/drink this way either since I always know where I stand.

Yeah I need the structure and the feedback. If I don't follow rules and track my eating, then I'll eventually let it go to hell. It is the same as when I was training for marathons or triathlons. I have to stick to a preplanned schedule. I also you MFP, and not eating because I don't want to cross a calorie or carb threshold is very motivating to me.

Next steps will be integrating a more consistent workout schedule. I've been good about riding the bile or doing a strength workout Fri-Sun, but not really during the week.

Chuck? Is that you, Chuck?

amato1-DMID1-5dxa9zyzc-320x240.jpg

You cut me deep, ASS. You cut me real deep.

I used to be able to knock out sets of 50 pretty easily. Those days are long gone.

I’m on Week 3 of using the Lean Body routine from BodyBuilding.com.

I’m at that fun place where I’m sore and hungry all of the time. Also, while I can already see some changes my body is retaining water to help muscle recovery and the number on the scale is going the wrong direction.

That number on the scale is just a number. Muscle weighs more than fat, bro. If you’re seeing the changes, don’t sweat the scale.

Today's is my wife's birthday and a few years ago she came up with a chipper style workout that we do on each of our birthdays. The # of reps of each exercise is how old the person is turning. We keep getting older and it keeps getting tougher.

I am not looking forward to this afternoon.

Today's is my wife's birthday and a few years ago she came up with a chipper style workout that we do on each of our birthdays. The # of reps of each exercise is how old the person is turning. We keep getting older and it keeps getting tougher.

I am not looking forward to this afternoon.

Dude, forward it. And I'm glad you're older than me.

You'd think that in these times when bars are closed, I'd take advantage of that, tone down my beer drinking, and lose some weight. But no.

I worked out the entire year in 2019, had surgery that got me off my rhythm and was a complete bum for 2020, and resumed my routine for 2021, but I keep drinking beer. I'm looking a bit better, but that jiggly belly isn't going anywhere unless the beer stops for a while.

I forget the exact order... She'll write it on the board for us.

37 strict pull-ups
37 hang (power) cleans
37 front squats
37 push press
37 toes-to-bar
37 burpees

I feel like I'm missing one other exercise, but you get the gist.

I forget the exact order... She'll write it on the board for us.

37 strict pull-ups
37 hang (power) cleans
37 front squats
37 push press
37 toes-to-bar
37 burpees

I feel like I'm missing one other exercise, but you get the gist.

Yikes.

I hate toes to bar worse than burpees.

Good luck making it to 38 after that.

I turned 42 in August... Luckily she's only turning 37 (so it should be easier this time... Yay!)

I forgot the 37 Kettlebell Swings.

The worst is that she'll be done in 20-25 minutes and I'll probably be 30+.

The good news is that she's letting me mix in random sets of my pull-ups whenever I want (so that we aren't on the bar at the same time). She's so good to me.

I turned 42 in August... Luckily she's only turning 37 (so it should be easier this time... Yay!)

I forgot the 37 Kettlebell Swings.

The worst is that she'll be done in 20-25 minutes and I'll probably be 30+.

The good news is that she's letting me mix in random sets of my pull-ups whenever I want (so that we aren't on the bar at the same time). She's so good to me.

If you can't bust out 37 strict pullups in one go, then I don't want you on my Tough Mudder team.

Ha. Sadly, I cannot.

I got up to 11 or 12 last summer when I was doing them everyday. Now I am lucky to get 6-7. It's crazy how quickly that strength left me. I'm sure I posted this before, but I even got a weighted belt so I could challenge myself because 10 was getting too easy and I didn't want to do high-rep pull-ups (shoulder issues). Now that belt just sits there and mocks me.

We finished.

She did 19:07 (55lbs barbell / 35lbs KB) and I did 26:25 (75lbs barbell / 53lbs KB).

It was the pull-ups that killed me. Was done with everything and still had 7 pull-ups to do at the end.

Love the new title, by the way. Even capitalized "Mako" to make it all formal and shit.

Ha. Sadly, I cannot.

I got up to 11 or 12 last summer when I was doing them everyday. Now I am lucky to get 6-7. It's crazy how quickly that strength left me. I'm sure I posted this before, but I even got a weighted belt so I could challenge myself because 10 was getting too easy and I didn't want to do high-rep pull-ups (shoulder issues). Now that belt just sits there and mocks me.

We finished.

She did 19:07 (55lbs barbell / 35lbs KB) and I did 26:25 (75lbs barbell / 53lbs KB).

It was the pull-ups that killed me. Was done with everything and still had 7 pull-ups to do at the end.

Love the new title, by the way. Even capitalized "Mako" to make it all formal and shit.

Same with the pull ups. I didn't do pullups for about a month and it felt like I had never done them in my life.

I don’t think I could do a single pull up right now.

I did get to do a bunch of deadlifts today so that was fun.

Back