• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

I have never lifted 3 plates and that’s the goal I have set for myself.

My arms would snap under 315.

I got to 245 a few years ago and thought I was a beast. I’m a 2 plate guy these days and proud of it.

I’m also going the wrong way with weight loss. I’ve been working out like a fiend since XMas and I’ve gained 5 pounds.

All muscle, I’m sure.

Anybody else use preworkout? I never had a meth habit, but I can kinda understand the allure thanks to preworkout.

Anybody else use preworkout? I never had a meth habit, but I can kinda understand the allure thanks to preworkout.

I used to but wasn’t a fan of the jittery feeling.

Now I drink BCAAs before my workout.

Sometimes - the Ascent PWO is my favorite. Flavors are great and the energy boost doesn’t make me feel jittery. Try to avoid it as much as I can, but every once in a while I need a boost.

I use it when I workout in the mornings/weekends. If I lift after work I opt for coffee.

I had a pretty solid fitness routine until Covid killed it:

swim 1-2X per week
weights 3X per week
run or walk to fill in the gaps

haven't swam or lifted in the gym since March, although I do have a decent home gym setup which I do use some (no squat rack)

after slipping up a bit in late 2020, I am re-committed although still not in the gym - so lots of walking/running to supplement the home gym sessions

my go-to snack is plain nonfat Greek yogurt (buy the quart tub, have 8 oz at a time) with probably a half-cup blueberries and sometimes blackberries and/or strawberries

If I'm out of yogurt, almonds are next up

This is the thing I miss the most over the past 10+ months....used to swim at least 1-2 times a week fairly regularly, and have not had access to a pool during most of the past year due to COVID. That was always a good cardio workout that didn't cause the pounding on the joints that running does. Trying to mix in some more bike rides (harder to do in the winter when there is no daylight in the evenings) and walking more on the golf course to make up for those lost swims. I have a feeling I'm going to be sucking wind for the first few weeks when I do get back in the pool regularly this spring/summer.

This is the thing I miss the most over the past 10+ months....used to swim at least 1-2 times a week fairly regularly, and have not had access to a pool during most of the past year due to COVID. That was always a good cardio workout that didn't cause the pounding on the joints that running does. Trying to mix in some more bike rides (harder to do in the winter when there is no daylight in the evenings) and walking more on the golf course to make up for those lost swims. I have a feeling I'm going to be sucking wind for the first few weeks when I do get back in the pool regularly this spring/summer.

I have never been a swimmer until starting it up about 2 years ago, and I always dreaded it, but it's the best cardio workout there is. The main drawback is that I am HUNGRY when I finish up. Hope I can get back to it soon.

I no longer have access to a whirlpool or a steam room and I definitely miss both of those.

I was pretty into swimming about 10 years ago and was hungry all of the time. Then I lost my access to a pool and never really picked it back up.

Yeah so I haven't been doing well.

Aside from being generally lazy when it comes to fitness, I can't seem to find the time. Only way I could do it is get up when Mako does and work out in the morning. But WOOF...Mako, man, you gotta give me some motivational tips to work out at 5AM

When I say can't find the time, it's legit. My wife works from home while watching the baby, so when I get off work I pretty much have kid duty until dinnertime to give her a break.

Is working out AFTER dinner a thing? I couldn't imagine, because that's when I thought booze was supposed to be consumed.

Today's workout for time

101 squats at 135
101 lunges at 135
101 box jumps
101 burpees

I may die.

The thought of 101 burpees makes me sick.

Yeah so I haven't been doing well.

Aside from being generally lazy when it comes to fitness, I can't seem to find the time. Only way I could do it is get up when Mako does and work out in the morning. But WOOF...Mako, man, you gotta give me some motivational tips to work out at 5AM

Before the pandemic I had a string of 3 weeks of getting up at 530 to workout before work.

Pandemic threw that off. Now I just workout whenever I need a break in the day.

I got up at 6 a few mornings to do it but our bedroom is above our garage and I woke up my wife.

Were you like blasting some metal music in the garage? Must've been loud workouts ha

Today's workout for time

101 squats at 135
101 lunges at 135
101 box jumps
101 burpees

I may die.

No way I’d be able to do box jumps after those squats and lunges.

I did three sets of 12 squats at 225 on Saturday and could barely walk yesterday.

Back