• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

I'm usually team no music on runs and lifting, mostly because I don't want to carry my big-ass phone on a run

Don't Keep Me Wanderin' by the Allman Bros is the perfect running song.

Better cancel your workouts so your fatness gets you a vaccine!

I definitely qualify now because of weight but I also would have qualified when I met my wife and was in great shape because at 5’10” and 215 my BMI was still just north of 30.

Rich Froning, “the fittest man in the world”, would be just shy of qualifying based on BMI.

Repped out some squats (3x5) at 96% of my lifetime max (set 2 years ago) after no barbell work last year....I guess the old man strength is kicking in.

Does anybody have any good resources for meal planning/meal prep?

I’m debating trying to find a nutritionist but thought I’d see if anybody had any online recommendations.

Been on a "cardio-fast" for the last 10 days or so, and have lost about 5 lbs. I eat dinner around 6 p.m., then "fast" for the next 12-14 hours, with a fairly intensive morning workout on an empty stomach before my normal light breakfast. I'm sure my body will adjust and the weight loss will plateau, but so far so good.

*Blows the conch shell*

Check-in time as we head towards the end of 2021.

Coming to the end of a (mostly intentional) bulk. I gained muscle back w/o too much fat, finally did it without screwing it up or gaining too quickly.

Probably about 18-20% BF and ready to start cutting. I got lean and improved my cardio a lot during 2020 Covid, but the lack of weightlifting hurt me in the muscle dept. The cardio became as much of a stress relief as it did positive for body comp, but I had limited equipment and options.

Guessing I put back on 8-10 pounds of muscle with a bit of fat since the beginning of this year. Going to start upping the LISS cardio, trying to avoid HIIT as I am lifting heavier and want to maximize recovery. So far, body feeling p good and still making some linear increases in weight, getting closer to my old PRs on major lifts.

Goal - keep making slow improvements to lifts while cutting to sub-15% body fat. Don't care how long it takes, not going to rush it and listen to my body.

Dg3 has won. Along with my running, I know do at least 4 CrossFit wods per week. I feel so ashamed.

I’m not summer-time shirtless Myrtle Beach strut cut, but I’m pretty close and I’m not bored by myself in the gym.

Been working out 8-10 hours a week since mid January. That is about double what I had been doing for years and years. The impetus for me was getting a MyZone HR monitor strap on Jan 13th. It has really pushed me. I highly recommend - life changing for me.

I do a crossfit/boot camp on tuesday, wednesday, thursday, and Saturday. I do 4-6 mile walk/run on Monday, Saturday, and Sunday. Long runs hurt my feet and joints since im an oldie. Saturdays are my big days - 1 hour bootcamp, followed immediately by 6 mile walk/run. Its at least a 2.5 hour workout and burns close to 2,000 calories. I have gotten my strength back up pretty good for an old as hell 57 year old man and just did 225lbs bench 11 times Saturday. Thats the first time I have tried that in a while. But any working out with weights at all - even in a bootcamp or crossfit environment - builds muscle bulk on me which I hate. Plus I keep hurting stuff. I have to figure out a way to lean back out some even with all the working out I do. Need to check my body fat asap. Im 6ft and about 238 and wear a 32 or 33 waist jeans. I need to be 210. I just cant seem to get there.

Last year I leaned out the hard way - lost 20 lbs from my covid hospital stay but got it back. I hate getting big and bulky. Looks like fat

Last edited:
I weighted in today at a post vacation 211. If I improve, I will post again next Thursday.

Back