• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

No, coaching basketball. On non game nights I’m usually in bed by 830 and asleep by 9. Game nights are later but I can sometimes get a workout in after school and before the game.

Gotcha, was just curious. Really want to start playing hoops again once this shit is behind us, but it's basically the ultimate "not during COVID" sport.

In bed by 8:30. Incredible.

Gotcha, was just curious. Really want to start playing hoops again once this shit is behind us, but it's basically the ultimate "not during COVID" sport.

In bed by 8:30. Incredible.

Yeah, I played pickup with some of my guys the other day and it's the first time I've played since last year. I was p terrible. And yeah, I'm lucky on the bedtime, because both my kids are normally out by 8 and my wife is a really early riser as well, so we're both on the same schedule. And when you get up at 4, you're just about spent by 8.

Pre covid I’d get/help get the kids to bed on weeknights by 7:30 or so and work out in the basement on a rower from like 8-8:30. Not ideal but it is a low impact enough exercise that I didn’t feel like I’d puke up the dinner I’d had.

This has now shifted to mornings around 7:45am. That’s way later than I’ll be able to do things in the morning post covid so I’ll either have to wake up earlier or go back to evenings.

I'm pretty lucky when it comes to the gym. Our office gym has a full squat rack, olympic bench, adjustable bench, 600lbs of plates, dumbbell set through 50lbs and a couple multifunction machines. Only 2 or 3 of us use it at all, so I keep a change of clothes in my office and I am in the gym by 5:05pm most days.

I’m worried based on the lack of posts that we are not keeping each other accountable.

Did a workout yesterday that was completely about triceps. Can't say that it did much for me at the time, but it hurts to type today. So I guess it was successful?

We're moving in less than 3 weeks, so packing has become the priority. Taking down pull-up and dip bars today so that I can fill the holes and repaint. This will not help the fact that I suck at pull-ups.

Did a workout yesterday that was completely about triceps. Can't say that it did much for me at the time, but it hurts to type today. So I guess it was successful?

We're moving in less than 3 weeks, so packing has become the priority. Taking down pull-up and dip bars today so that I can fill the holes and repaint. This will not help the fact that I suck at pull-ups.

Better work on that grip strength, bro.

My fancy ass smart home gym arrived and I'm a week into strength training with it. Pretty cool so far.

How is your soreness level?

about 5/10 the day after but by 2 days after I'm fine. I'm slowly upping the weight with each session. Don't want to go all out when I've never done weights before. alternating weight days with running outside for cardio

about 5/10 the day after but by 2 days after I'm fine. I'm slowly upping the weight with each session. Don't want to go all out when I've never done weights before. alternating weight days with running outside for cardio

You are approaching this in a very intelligent way.

I feel like the more I work out, the more minor injuries I incur and more exercises I need to do for this tendonitis or that genetic weakness

it's like a part time job

You are approaching this in a very intelligent way.

Sometimes my physical therapy training comes in handy even though I haven’t stepped foot in an outpatient/sports clinic in 5+ years (except as a patient since I have no idea how to treat sports injuries)

I’m very sore today. The DBs have added a nice new component to the home gym and definitely makes me use other muscles that weren’t being engaged previously.

Sore today from mountain biking yesterday for the first time in probably 6 months.

I think I’m too addicted to my Fitbit data but it’s kind of depressing anyway to see my resting heart rate creep upwards the past month or so even though I’ve been cardio exercising at a consistent level for the past year.

I wrapped up a solid February as far as goals and consistency on the old Peloton...

Feb-Peloton.png

Back