• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

yeah, ok. No. Shit looks miserable and fucking wet/cold.

Juice, let me strap on my fake vagina so we can be pussies together.

Do your family, friends and coworkers a favor and eat a nutritious breakfast so they don't have to put up with hangry you. Not eating before noon is not a good plan unless you get up after 11.

I don't get hangry. Stop saying I'm hangry. WHAT DOES THAT WORD EVEN MEAN?!?!?!

Christ on crutches where are the Ding Dongs?

Juice, let me strap on my fake vagina so we can be pussies together.

turned down an invitation to join a team up this way myself

I've only done two races in my life: two Olympic-distance triathlons, nine years apart

they're effective for getting my ass in shape, but I'm always resentful of the time I have to set aside to train

Covid has been killer for cardio activities with hoops off the table -- most Covid-friendly indoor cardio options are trash

The saving grace of this Tough Mudder in Atlanta is that it is in late April... The weather should cooperate.

The one I did a decade ago was in Florida, but it was in January and couldn't have been more than 45 degrees at the start. Hoping for a nice 75 degree day this time around.

I think I’m gonna get calf implants. There’s legit no way to add mass onto calves.

just get fat then lose the weight. that should work maybe

I remember reading long ago you can't actually isolate calf muscle development

or maybe it's that you're not supposed to

I don't know, man -- the gist was calf raises were a waste of time, you gotta strengthen calves as part of large-muscle exercises like squats

I just did a 4 mile run on a muddy ass trail because I'm scared of ATS's wife, and lets just say my splits are definitely longer than they would be on the road.

non-politically, here is Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene (new Congresswoman who filed impeachment against Biden) tweeting a video which she claims is her and which apparently purports to show her shoulder pressing 225 X 6

1)it's not her and
2)that can't be 225, right?
3)non-political, but she's also batshit crazy

non-politically, here is Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene (new Congresswoman who filed impeachment against Biden) tweeting a video which she claims is her and which apparently purports to show her shoulder pressing 225 X 6

1)it's not her and
2)that can't be 225, right?
3)non-political, but she's also batshit crazy

Lots of times big weights aren't very heavy. They're more foam-like so they're quiet and don't damage floors. I don't think she's tossing 225 up above her head like that.

Probably only 85 or 105 lbs, but that's still nothing to sneeze at. If it's 225 then she's stronger than just about any female powerlifter I've ever met.

Last edited:
A little late to this group but your boy was a real Fatsky the last 3-4 months of 2020. Started a keto/fasting plan along with Dry January and I'm already down 13 of the 20 lbs I gained in the last year. My optimal wieght is another 15 lbs away, so I'm going to try and lose all 35 lbs before May. My plan is to keep the keto/fast diet going for another month and stay away from craft beers indefinitely. Only drink on the weekends, but since I'm in keto that limits me light beers and straight booze which shouldn't hurt too much. I've been exercising 3-4 times week, but with a six month old its hard to lock down a schedule that doesn't involve me working out daily at 8pm or waking at 4am.

If she's doing a 225lb push press, then I need to re-evaluate my goals in the gym. And probably in my life.

It's been a while since I did heavy push presses, but I doubt I could do more than like 155lbs for 6 reps. And it's probably lower than that, TBH.

I've been so focused on my calf isolation exercises the last few days that I won't be trying to find out this afternoon.

A little late to this group but your boy was a real Fatsky the last 3-4 months of 2020. Started a keto/fasting plan along with Dry January and I'm already down 13 of the 20 lbs I gained in the last year. My optimal wieght is another 15 lbs away, so I'm going to try and lose all 35 lbs before May. My plan is to keep the keto/fast diet going for another month and stay away from craft beers indefinitely. Only drink on the weekends, but since I'm in keto that limits me light beers and straight booze which shouldn't hurt too much. I've been exercising 3-4 times week, but with a six month old its hard to lock down a schedule that doesn't involve me working out daily at 8pm or waking at 4am.

Drive 45 minutes my way at 4 am, bro.

Washington Post reports on keo vs non-keto diet. Apparently high fat doesn't kill you in two weeks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2021/01/21/keto-diet-study/

It’s important to keep in mind that nothing, including keto diets, can defeat the calorie balance equation: To lose weight, you have to burn more calories than you absorb. But there are two mechanisms by which a keto diet might help you do that: It could leave you satiated on fewer calories, so you take in less, and it could increase the rate at which your body burns energy, so you expend more.

That's the big part for me. I'm openly intaking around 1000-1250 calories/day and I never get hungry. The fasting element (normally 16-18 hours) helps with that as well. After 3-4 days I just got used to not intaking more than 50 calories between 7pm and noon. The only downside is that my Peloton power is down. Can't crush rides anymore without the carbs.

Back