• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2022: Viel Glück für alle!

Kory

Reaction score
welcome to the second installment of the Kory chat thread

Last edited:
source.gif

what are your favorite movies that boomers like

i haven't seen it's a wonderful life but maybe someday

i have seen mr smith goes to washington

Sounds of Music seems to be a boomer fave. I enjoyed it the first 10 times I saw it.

I watch It’s a Wonderful Life every year. Every year it gets more relevant (getting married, having kids, more work pressure).

I’ve never seen The Sound of Music.

watched It's a Wonderful Life for the first time ever this past holidays

it's very good

The Sound of Music has it all. Nazis, Nuns, a hot Baroness. You name it.

when do you think the sound of music remake is coming

click basically remade it's a wonderful life, i'm told.

Wow. I didn't even notice it was 100.

I hate running, but mako is right... There are very few stretches of long runs. It's actually good because it keeps the obstacles from being insanely crowded by spreading people out.

It's been a long time, but I did the last one as a group of like 5-6 people... The runs between obstacles was kind of a leisurely jog where we were still able to speak with each other. I wasn't trying to win the event or anything.

On your list above, I'd put running above swimming (only because I suck at swimming), stair climbing, MLM white women, and 80s aerobics. Also, while boxing sounds cool, I have zero interest in doing that as a part of my fitness routine.

What's the typical timespan for one of these? It's gotta take some people like 4 hours.

I couldn't convince the wife to watch Wonderful Life with me this year. It's probably the most famous movie I've never seen. I might just randomly watch it outside of season sometime this year

My moms favorite Christmas movie, bizarrely, is Prancer. I learned yesterday that the director of that movie got his start directing crazy 70s horror movies. Which explained a lot about Prancer.

To answer your mudder question from the chat thread, Knight, our group of high school teachers ran the full in 2 hours and 37 minutes a couple of years ago, but we finished ahead of everybody that was in our heat, and passed just about everyone in the heat 30 minutes in front of us as well. So 3.5-4 hours is probably about right.

It's not like a Spartan where the time is the final measuring stick though. People slow themselves down and help randos that they've never met over obstacles. It's kind of cool that way.

Megan Thee Stallion as Maria: a rare but totally plausible African American nun in Austria, 1939

It's not like a Spartan where the time is the final measuring stick though. People slow themselves down and help randos that they've never met over obstacles. It's kind of cool that way.

Tell Knight more about this ability to stand at an obstacle and shove your fingers up people's ass to push them over the top in the name of helping.

Back