• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2022: Viel Glück für alle!

Tell Knight more about this ability to stand at an obstacle and shove your fingers up people's ass to push them over the top in the name of helping.

I did legit pull down one of my bro's pants climbing up one of the team wall obstacles. His pasty posterior was exposed for a hot minute too, because he was at the bottom of the pyramid and he couldn't reach down to pull them up.

Never seen Its a Wonderful Life, and I don't think I've seen Sound of Music from start to finish. But there are lots of classic/boomer movies I like. Casablanca is an easy one, but others are Sunset Blvd, Some Like it Hot, TKAM, Maltese Falcon, Annie Hall, Philadelphia Story, Shane, African Queen, To Catch a Thief, How to Steal a Million, 12 Angry Men, Once Upon a Time in the West, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, and certainly more.

Yeah...I guess it would have to be. Or Adele, but she'd have to work on her accent. A stretch would be Miley. Probably too young for that role.

Julie Andrews was 30 when The Sound of Music was released and Miley Cyrus is currently 28, so she's actually not too young.

I just rewatched Casablanca for the first time since high school -- also worth the hype

I've never seen Citizen Kane

Julie Andrews has a pretty big 1-2 punch on the filmography but I guess reasonably quiet otherwise.

Never seen Its a Wonderful Life, and I don't think I've seen Sound of Music from start to finish. But there are lots of classic/boomer movies I like. Casablanca is an easy one, but others are Sunset Blvd, Some Like it Hot, TKAM, Maltese Falcon, Annie Hall, Philadelphia Story, Shane, African Queen, To Catch a Thief, How to Steal a Million, 12 Angry Men, Once Upon a Time in the West, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, and certainly more.

Does Double Indemnity belong here? I love that movie.

What ever happened to Melissa Harris-Perry ? Is she still at Wake ?

Bonus convo day, always a good day.

Julie Andrews has a pretty big 1-2 punch on the filmography but I guess reasonably quiet otherwise.

Torn Curtain was an excellent movie. Of the times she worked with her husband, I'd Victor, Victoria was the best. Thoroughly Modern Millie with Carol Channing was very good.

i watched citizen kane because of a film class at Wake. i enjoyed it but probably only because the class specifically discussed what made the movie great and groundbreaking.

Casablanca is, for me, the GOAT. I really didn't like Citizen Kane even though its No. 1 on the AFI 100.

I always show it in my creative writing class because I feel like my high schoolers need to see it. They always love it.

Back