• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2022: Viel Glück für alle!

The fighting Makos scored a big senior night dub over our biggest rivals tonight to move into first place in the conference. And so I’m getting drunk on a Tuesday, fellas.

Jeff Teague dropped 26 tonight, btw.

The fighting Makos scored a big senior night dub over our biggest rivals tonight to move into first place in the conference. And so I’m getting drunk on a Tuesday, fellas.

Jeff Teague dropped 26 tonight, btw.

Hasn't his eligibility run out?

Impressive. Sounds like the chemistry is okay. How did the kid you had to bench take it?

Duck is prob best mix of good beach and good restaurants. Nags head has better restaurants but probably more crowded. Though in mid May crowds won’t be too bad.

Thanks! Lots of availability up and down the stretch.

Anybody have experience with Kill Devil Hills?

It’s all kind of one long town. Nags head has a few better restaurants but KDH has Brewing Station.

You staying oceanfront? If not you want to be real close to a public access.

Completely unhelpful, but young tilt went to the obx a few times as a kid. Got a big house with my dads side of the family. He has three younger brothers and when they let me stay up late and play poker and cribbage with them it was probably the coolest I’ve ever felt at any point in my life. That’s not saying much, granted, but it was awesome.

After high school we went to Duck for a week for Beach Week.

Great time.

We went all the way south to Hatteras this summer for my first OBX trip and it was fun. Our house was one row in from the beach and had great views of the sound and ocean. A couple decent spots to grab food but otherwise we just chilled at the pool or beach.

I’ve only ever been to Ocracoke in OBX before. My wife and I are thinking of going somewhere further up (anywhere from Corolla to Nags Head really) with our infant and my sister in mid-May. Any recs for the best beach with solid restaurants and such things? Thanks

Bodie Island light house, Oregon Inlet and the pea island national wildlife refuge are probably your best spots for birding.

Duck is great, though I don't recommend driving Hwy 12 from Cape Hatteras to Duck on July 4th.

i have never been to the outer banks but instead go to someplace much closer like bald head, figure 8, or kiawah. what am i missing and is it worth the drive?

I live in DC so OBX closer

Ocracoke was magic, I proposed there

Good fishing too

Yeah, parking and hopping crossing a sand dune and walking over to literally miles of unoccupied shoreline at the Cape Hatteras National Seashore is something else. We went there for our anniversary this summer, and it was amazing.

Totes got laid on the beach.

Back