• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Not a terrible loss but would’ve been a nice win. Had a chance to gain a bigger lead in the first but couldn’t do it with Lanzilli and Muntz. Cusick has to pitch like a shut down Friday night guy. Don’t care about velocity, Ks, or “stuff”. Get the win and set the tone for the weekend.

I mean, I feel like that should be the goal for every game.

I mean, I feel like that should be the goal for every game.

Agreed. I guess I just want to stop hearing about how good some of these guys can be and how great their stuff is. Battle, grind, get the win.

D1 Baseball doesn't believe we'll improve enough to make the field of 64. They dont include us at the mid-point projections but give a slot to ACC's Clemson.

Too many mistakes to innumerate in Game 1 vs VT. Back to crappy baseball....still time but down 5-1 B6...

Cusick didn’t get any help from his defense but he has to get off the field with 2 outs in the 2nd inning. So many guys LOB, errors, wild pitches, balks,etc. What a colossal disappointment to this point.

And Walter left him in after walking 1st 2 batters and 100+ pitches....

Lightening delay in middle of rally. 5-4 with 1 out and 2 on....B6

Lightening strike recorded within 8 miles per PA. Can resume at 9:32.

So in the 6th we had 1st and 3rd two outs and the runner from 1st advanced to 2nd on wp. Was it not far enough away from the base runner from 3rd to score?

Ludowig swings and nips it to pitcher. Must have thought it was a foul, so he slows up. Pitcher bobbles ball. Ludowig safe if he kept running. Don't know if he pulled a hamstring or what.

Go quietly in B7.

Ludowig swings and nips it to pitcher. Must have thought it was a foul, so he slows up. Pitcher bobbles ball. Ludowig safe if he kept running. Don't know if he pulled a hamstring or what.

Go quietly in B7.

This kid pitching now for wake is the epitome of why wake sucks. They claim he throws 98 (more like 90) yet can’t throw a strike, gets hit around and looks rattled out there. It’s why cusick can throw 98 or whatever and be a 1st round prospect yet carry a 4.5 era and give up 6 runs to Virginia tech’s. Ultimately why he’ll fizzle out above A ball just like griffin roberts unless he somehow develops some moxy / guts. If he had the stomach of a guy like dunshee (who had half the arm talent) he’d pitch in the big leagues.

Walter yanks Furtado after recording 3 outs in previous inning. Puts in McGraw. Walks 1st batter and 3rd hitter gets single on 2 strike count. WP advances runners to 3rd and 2nd. Mutnz drops throw to home and rolls to BS on hit. 2 runs score. Oxford in for McGraw. 8-4. B8

That makes 6 runs we've given them on mistakes.

Back