• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Down 2-0 in the 1st after giving up a deep centerfield HR to a giant Greek dude without a neck.

bobby seymour wasn’t particularly good last year and hasn’t done anything so far this year either. obviously he was really good as a sophomore but the majority of his career has been kinda meh. hope he turns it on but in the back of my mind i’ve got a fear that he maybe his big year was a bit of a fluke

And it's epic wake baseball with how they got the runs. Guy steals second, gets to third on the errant throw, pitcher worried now about guy on 3rd, concentrating on plate and not throwing another wild pitch, throws home run ball...

bobby seymour wasn’t particularly good last year and hasn’t done anything so far this year either. obviously he was really good as a sophomore but the majority of his career has been kinda meh. hope he turns it on but in the back of my mind i’ve got a fear that he maybe his big year was a bit of a fluke

I’m not sure ACC POY and the record for RBIs is a fluke. His lack of power is certainly an issue at this point. He shouldn’t be batting cleanup.

I’m not sure ACC POY and the record for RBIs is a fluke. His lack of power is certainly an issue at this point. He shouldn’t be batting cleanup.

i hope not but it is possible for guys to have really good runs over a few hundred ABs. (there are plenty of major league examples of guys having crazy outlier seasons). basically the fear (not saying this is the case) is seymour is closer to a .750-.800 OPS guy who had one awesome run two years ago.

i’m just getting the annoying commercial loop

All those saying it’s early, it’s baseball, etc. Prepare yourself for extreme disappointment. No history of winning with this group of players/coaches, minus the super regional year. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think I am.

I still think this team can have a great season, but we gotta sure up our defense and get production from our 7-9 hitters

We really have some power arms.

If walter doesn't get this team to postseason play then it probably is time to move on, even though the dude is possibly the best human being to ever coach a sport at Wake. Jim Caldwell would give him a run for his money for that title

Last edited:
is it normal for college teams to use complicated play cards like we do? my reaction is that it seems a bit much. would guess it adds a bit of cognitive load.

is it normal for college teams to use complicated play cards like we do? my reaction is that it seems a bit much. would guess it adds a bit of cognitive load.

Paralysis by analysis is what it is. Saw that the ss has some big ass quarterback like play sheet on his belt. Baseball hard enough not to me ruin when you try and turn it into a classroom. There is a reason why you don’t see any MLBers with that crap. Same with catcher wristbands. Kills the flow and thinking involved in the game

We have out hit them 9 to 5 and have 3 home runs to their 2 but they play good fundamental baseball and we don't. They've only given up 4 walks and haven't committed an error so we have to earn our runs

Back