• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

When you recruit nothing but feast or famine players whose only good tool is their bat, this is what you get. Look at wakes best players, terrible athletes who are butchers in the field and can’t run or do much of anything other than the occasional home run. Defense of the team is horrendous and slow twitch and I’ve watched 3 innings of their games this year...not many athletes on the field.

To clarify, you’ve posted 15+ times in this thread being critical of pretty much everything about Wake baseball and their season, and you’ve watched 3 total innings of this season?

To clarify, you’ve posted 15+ times in this thread being critical of pretty much everything about Wake baseball and their season, and you’ve watched 3 total innings of this season?

This, man. Holy shit.

Deacs beat Elon 4-2.

So, we have that going for us, which is nice.

Deacs win 4-2. Mid week pitching has been excellent. Offense still unable to string hits together but did enough to get the win.

Deacs win 4-2. Mid week pitching has been excellent. Offense still unable to string hits together but did enough to get the win.

then plug the midweek pitching into the weekend pitching because they are sucking along with the hitting and fielding for the most part

Cusick has been great. We basically have to win every time Cusick gets the start.

Need Shane Smith back. Sucks big time that Menendez is out for the season but our (5?) Freshmen look to have a ton of upside.

TBF, I think our pitching has actually been pretty solid across the board this year. We look like we have a stable of pitchers who will hit a stride midseason.

Hitting has been a different story. We HAVE to start getting more guys on base.

top 12 ACC teams make the ACC tournament

with a loss tonight, WF would fall into 13th place in the ACC

Anyone watching on ESPN+ ACCNX? I read our score is 1-0 Wake in 3rd. ESPN says you must have the ACCNX channel in your lineup. beyond ACCN . I want to know the cost to get the ACCNX channel added. Thanks

mine is working fine on normal espn3.

cusick feels like he’s gonna be a frontline mlb starter. doesn’t feel like we have/will capitalized on his talent. (cue 8xdeacs)

Really pretty defensive play by Turconi. He was also the guy who was able to bring in Costello, which as it stands is the only run in the game. It’s HUGE having him back. Plays short, and is the best hitter on the team.

Cusick looking like Cusick. Must have 6-8 strikeouts, and we’re just 3 innings through.

Runner on 3rd with no outs. Can’t get him in. Can’t leave opportunities like that against these guys.

great play by wake catcher passed ball, wake has never had a shutdown defensive catcher and that's key to a good team!

We have struck out like 15 times. Just ridiculous. Time for Walter to go.

Back