• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Walks errors hbp. Wake gives up more of those than our peers.

Same old, same old. You should win you score 11 runs. You should win when you give up one run in 11 innings. Blah, blah, blah. Winners make winning plays. Too many guys trying to be a hero and not enough gamers willing to do the little things to win. 17 strikeouts and 2 walks. 2 walks in a 12 inning college game? So many shitty at bats it’s unbelievable. I will continue to follow and cheer for this team but prepare yourselves for disappointment.

Yeah it was the 12th inning. I imagine not a ton of guys left in the pen at this point.

He went almost a new pitcher per inning early. He wasn't taking guys out for poor pitching. He was arbitrarily calling a new guy in mostly between innings. It wasn't neccessary.

These 4 upperclassmen went 0 for 17:
Lanzilli, Muntz, Ludowig, and Seymour

It really is amazing to me that people will find a way to blame the management of pitching for a loss in a game that went to the 12th at 1-1. Our best players didn’t hit well enough today, and it’s ok. Can’t let it be a pattern, but I never understand the sky is falling attitudes 4 games into a baseball season.

Same old, same old. You should win you score 11 runs. You should win when you give up one run in 11 innings. Blah, blah, blah. Winners make winning plays. Too many guys trying to be a hero and not enough gamers willing to do the little things to win. 17 strikeouts and 2 walks. 2 walks in a 12 inning college game? So many shitty at bats it’s unbelievable. I will continue to follow and cheer for this team but prepare yourselves for disappointment.

Walters mentioned the wind was blowing out and the line up was going for the long ball and that led to the lousy at bats. At some point it is the managers responsibility to instruct the line up to cut down their swing and play smart team baseball.

It really is amazing to me that people will find a way to blame the management of pitching for a loss in a game that went to the 12th at 1-1. Our best players didn’t hit well enough today, and it’s ok. Can’t let it be a pattern, but I never understand the sky is falling attitudes 4 games into a baseball season.

Yep. This team has several pitchers that are really good and throw GAS. There are also a few guys deep in the bullpen that are young and are going to struggle to find the strike zone early in the year. It is what it is. Offense can put up big numbers, but sometimes hitters go cold. You just hate for it to happen to all of them in the same night.

The only part that really bothers me is the fielding. They are worse than bad.

Walters mentioned the wind was blowing out and the line up was going for the long ball and that led to the lousy at bats. At some point it is the managers responsibility to instruct the line up to cut down their swing and play smart team baseball.

He ... did. Him and Cilento don't swing the bats for them.

On Tinsman, he has a hamate bone injury, out until at least mid-March.

What has happened to Tinsman? Is he injured?

Yes. WF had several minor injuries to start the season. Turconi is back at SS. Tinsman and Menendez are still out. The bottom line is that WF has now lost two winnable games at home against teams with inferior talent (Coastal is talented, but WF is loaded this year). Yes, it happens in baseball, but it happens to WF with more regularity than other teams. Deacs need to turn it around quickly. WF hosts ND and BC (who is good) the next two weekends. After that it's at #3 Miami, #21 GT, at #9 FSU, @ #5 L'ville. So, the Deacs need to work out the kinks now, or WF is going to be running uphill.

Also, in Baseball America's most recent (this past Monday's poll), an ACC or SEC team is ranked 1 through 9, and a team from one of those two conferences hold 16 of the 25 ranking spots.

Last edited:
It was/is crucial for this team to get off to a good start. Yes, they are loaded but they have not yet won anything at this level. We know this team plays tight, perhaps a reflection on Walter, IDK, but just like the shortened season last year, I fear doubt is going to get in their heads. 4-0 would have been great but this team loses games, especially mid-week it shouldn’t. Other than the super regional year, fans should be very concerned about Walter’s ability to lead this team. A trip to the NCAA should be the MINIMUM for Walter returning next season.

lol

donk

He ... did. Him and Cilento don't swing the bats for them.

On Tinsman, he has a hamate bone injury, out until at least mid-March.

I know major league players often take a long time to regain full power after hamate injuries. Long after they are healthy enough to play.

Guess that means they are playing the series. ND missed its opening weekend because of COVID. So, if/when WF plays ND, it will be the first game action for the Irish this season. Need to pile up wins.

Yea but how many paint touches did we get?

I don’t know who is calling pitches; but you get up 0-2 versus their best hitter and then throw 93 MPH dick shots down the middle and he cranks one.
Elevate a fastball, fastball off the plate, a couple curveballs

Back