• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Covid killed the WF football season
Covid, if I recall correctly, impacted the soccer team during the ACC tournament - we had guys playing their first meaningful game when we got bounced
Covid derailed the basketball season before it had a chance to get started
If we have lost all 3 starters, it appears that Covid has the broom in hand

Other schools have managed to navigate Covid reasonably well. WF? not so much.

(I know - maybe I'm being charitable to blame Covid for the baseball team's issues)

If anyone cares, we have 1 hit after 6 innings @ bat. Down 0-6 B6

B8 now, still 0 runs. 0-9....everything from ND series looks pretty much the same....we have HBP, WP, Throwing error, etc. 3 errors recorded, 2 Hits....

Last edited:
Who TF would pay to read about wake baseball lmao? What “special” content is there ? What Walters had for breakfast? Must have been rotten...

Sure let’s mock the guy trying to make a living writing about wake sports. Fuck off.

Who TF would pay to read about wake baseball lmao? What “special” content is there ? What Walters had for breakfast? Must have been rotten...

Hey OWG, you are posting on a baseball thread. Conor writes about ALL Wake sports for that price.

And that's the game...0-10. I didnt write it anywhere but I predicted a not-even-close series sweep by Miami, with 2 blowouts, and at least 1 if not 2 scoreless games for the Deacs. Look to be pretty much on schedule. Very sad.

Innings 1 to 5 we held them scoreless. Then ...... They broke it open. Not totally bad.

Last edited:

Excellent contribution. Touching, really.

Thank you for showing pro humanitate here.

Walter is going to have a real tough decision to make shortly. This season is already finished. Does he give playing time and valuable at bats to younger guys or stay loyal to the older guys who are really just playing for draft status at this point. What happened to Ludowig? He seems to have gotten progressively worse over his career. Remind me to never buy into the hype of Wake Forest baseball again.

Excellent contribution. Touching, really.

Thank you for showing pro humanitate here.

Didn’t know it was for all sports, but still I don’t think the ball cares who is pro humiliate or not when it’s going by wake forest bats or by their glove because Walter has them so tight and on egg shells because of his amateur hour demeanor in running a baseball team. Sure he gave a kidney to a player so move him to the athletic office and let him raise money for the school by being a “nice guy” on the surface

Innings 1 to 5 we held them scoreless. Then ...... They broke it open. Not totally bad.
Not quite....1-0 in the 3rd. Then, predictably, they eventually got to Flemming in the 5th for 5 runs. Enter McGraw who throws HBP & a WP. Add throwing error by SS and the rest is history.....

Walters keeps guys on his team who are terrible whose parents (dads) have loads of money and/or prominent positions in baseball/business to help himself in the future + secure donations. When guys coming in the bullpen stink or middle of the road players (depth) aren’t any good, this is the cause coupled with his demeanor of historically bad results in comparison to upper end talent on the teams over years

You can’t travel 20 players and expect to compete with a national powerhouse.

I give everything a pass due to Covid this year.

Didn’t know it was for all sports, but still I don’t think the ball cares who is pro humiliate or not when it’s going by wake forest bats or by their glove because Walter has them so tight and on egg shells because of his amateur hour demeanor in running a baseball team. Sure he gave a kidney to a player so move him to the athletic office and let him raise money for the school by being a “nice guy” on the surface

My guess is that this guy didn’t go to WF given his inability to form a sentence. Trust me, he doesn’t represent the rest of us with his asshole attitude. Thanks for all you do, Conor!

Walter is going to have a real tough decision to make shortly. This season is already finished. Does he give playing time and valuable at bats to younger guys or stay loyal to the older guys who are really just playing for draft status at this point. What happened to Ludowig? He seems to have gotten progressively worse over his career. Remind me to never buy into the hype of Wake Forest baseball again.

I’m more interested in Currie’s decision. It’s time for Walter to go.

Also, it’s pro humanitate. Now continue being dumb.

We have 2 stolen bases all year. It seems to me that most really good baseball programs could put a lot of pressure on defenses with some speed in the basepaths. We have none and play station the station baseball.

we are 2nd in the nation in Strikeouts per 9 and our opponents battng average isn't terrible, put we are really poor at fundamentals (combos of walks/Hbp/wp/pb/errors/sbs) and they all seem to congregate around each other.

and if we aren't hitting the ball well, we are easy to defend because our lack of speed means no stolen bases and limited 1st to 3rd and 2nd to home.

Last edited:
Back