• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Sometimes it's worth it to sacrifice little offense to have a good fielding shortstop

Best overall pitching we've had in a long time. Great solid game. Hope my comments motivated them....😉

The test will be to win the series...

Last edited:
Sometimes it's worth it to sacrifice little offense to have a good fielding shortstop

Do not disagree with that at all when we can save 1 or 2 runs a game by playing defense. GT is the worst fielding team in the ACC, groundball to 1st and that is how we scored our first run tonight.

Best overall pitching we've had in a long time. Great solid game. Hope my comments motivated them....😉

The test will be to win the series...

No doubt that the WF athletic department awaits your hot takes.

exactly — bunting is just a lot harder than it looks. (a big reason why it’s usually a bad play. perhaps less so in college with poorer defenses, but also seems like a lot harder to execute well)

And I will say that pilat did execute the bunt after that 1st bad attempt.

Homeplate ump has been inconsistent but more aptly horrendous.

Fleming was fantastic. Didn’t think hitting would be our weakness. Lanzilli and especially Ludowig continue to struggle.

Our offence was supposed to be potent if you had even been mediocre so far we probably would be good enough to be in line for a tournament bid now

Last edited:
Good game thus far today lol, Walter is a hack! Cellar dwellers with a sweep likely next weekend against FSU

Our baseball team scored 2 runs in the bottom of the 4th inning in game 2 of the Notre Dame series to tie the game at 4. In 59 innings since then in conference play we have scored 11 runs. 6 of those 11 runs were in one game the 1st game of the Georgia Tech series where they walked in 2 runs and committed an error to allow a 3rd run.

The potent offense that was hyped up all during the preseason is not just mediocre it's terrible.

Last edited:
When you recruit nothing but feast or famine players whose only good tool is their bat, this is what you get. Look at wakes best players, terrible athletes who are butchers in the field and can’t run or do much of anything other than the occasional home run. Defense of the team is horrendous and slow twitch and I’ve watched 3 innings of their games this year...not many athletes on the field.

Deacs play at Elon today at 5 pm. Redshirt frosh Reed Mascolo starts (he started last week's mid-week win against Charlotte, going 2+ innings) for WF. Elon is 5-8. WF needs to win this one as 6 of the next 7 are against FSU and L'ville.

Back