• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Wake has done an incredible job this week of holding teams to no runs with RISP with either 1 or no outs. If they can keep doing this, they’re going to be in much better position to win games.

Ha, I love that. Ump calls a strike on a pitch 3 feet off the plate to prevent a walk, next pitch hit for a run-scoring single to take the lead. What a horrid call though. Funny to hear the commentary guys just saying you have to get used to pitches nowhere close getting called as strikes.

that guys was the worst home plate ump i have ever seen. Its one thing to have an incredibly low strike zone, but to have it go 3+ inches off the plate is inexcusable. The announcers stopped defending him and called it a floating plate/strike zone. ;)

Starting pitcher Menedez out for the season per Walter.

Two confusing moves by Walter.

1.Taking out McNamee right after he came in and confidently closed out the inning. Put in a guy that eventually threw a WP and scored the winning run....after walks and HBP throws....

2. Calling on Lanzilli to bunt with runner on 1st, down 1 run bottom of 8th. Mainly because he, and the team as a whole, has not demonstrated good bunting skills for 2 seasons now.
Lanzilli is quickly in the hole 0-2 on attempted bunts before Walter gives him the green light to swing. Chops it to 2nd, almost a DP but is out at 1st.

Two confusing moves by Walter.

1.Taking out McNamee right after he came in and confidently closed out the inning. Put in a guy that eventually threw a WP and scored the winning run....after walks and HBP throws....

2. Calling on Lanzilli to bunt with runner on 1st, down 1 run bottom of 8th. Mainly because he, and the team as a whole, has not demonstrated good bunting skills for 2 seasons now.
Lanzilli is quickly in the hole 0-2 on attempted bunts before Walter gives him the green light to swing. Chops it to 2nd, almost a DP but is out at 1st.

Look man, I get it, you hate Walter and will look for anything to use against him.

But do you really think he's giving Lanzilli bunt signals? He's a career .330-ish hitter. Chris is doing that on his own to try to bunt for a hit. He's already done so several times this season.

Look man, I get it, you hate Walter and will look for anything to use against him.

But do you really think he's giving Lanzilli bunt signals? He's a career .330-ish hitter. Chris is doing that on his own to try to bunt for a hit. He's already done so several times this season.
Didn't he try to bunt 3 times?
Nm it was ludowig.

Last edited:
I was at the game. Walter came down the 3rd base line about midway. Gave extensive signals to him 3 times. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see 2 bunts and a green light as signals.

Starting pitcher Menedez out for the season per Walter.

man what a big loss. not hurt bc he’s good but also bc he’s the one guy who has a very different pitching style that i think helps keep teams from starting to get too comfortable around our power pitchers.

crum is also out for the season per conors article.

while i totally agree the relentless hate for walter here is way out of hand, i don’t think it’s insane to think that the staff is giving players signs on ever single pitch given what appears to be a general tendency to micromanage.

Playing from behind all weekend. I don’t think there is hate for Walter. He seems like a good guy but he has literally been given every tool/resource to field a winning team and it isn’t happening. I’m critical of his managing but not him personally.

Anyone familiar with ESPN+ ops? I have app on and the screen shows our game listed with score, has a 'watch' setting. When I do 'watch' just spins loading and never connects before stopping? Did same yesterday until later (other games completed?) anyone know their op rules?

Anyone posting current stat would be appreciated.

Deacs need this win. A 3-4 start, all at home, would be a fairly disastrous start given the expectations and difficult schedule upcoming.

Critical situation, 1 run game, bottom of the 8th, ACC game, and he's letting the players decide what to do? Very highly unlikely.

Playing from behind all weekend. I don’t think there is hate for Walter. He seems like a good guy but he has literally been given every tool/resource to field a winning team and it isn’t happening. I’m critical of his managing but not him personally.

Ditto

Back