• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

They really don’t score errors in college baseball. We’ve committed two fairly obvious errors that were scored as hits.

team with another disappointing start and injuries piling up. Again, looks like a Walter managed team is underperforming.

This was ND's first games. All games before us were cancelled.

If we cant hit ND pitching, what will it be like vs. Duke, Louisville, BC, NCSU, et al upper teams this year?

stupid, stupid baseball. Down 8 with the #3 hitter at the plate and you try to steal 2nd with 2 outs 1st and 3rd bottom of 5. I can't figure it out if these guys play tight or play loose with that move.

stupid, stupid baseball. Down 8 with the #3 hitter at the plate and you try to steal 2nd with 2 outs 1st and 3rd bottom of 5. I can't figure it out if these guys play tight or play loose with that move.

I have always though they played tight. They wait for bad shit to happen and it eventually does. Ditch those stupid Fanny packs with whatever stupid analytics are in them and learn to play the game correctly. Cecere added some punch to the lineup last year. Get him some at bats if the veterans are going to squander theirs.

I have always though they played tight. They wait for bad shit to happen and it eventually does. Ditch those stupid Fanny packs with whatever stupid analytics are in them and learn to play the game correctly. Cecere added some punch to the lineup last year. Get him some at bats if the veterans are going to squander theirs.

This is not an understatement. This was probably the worst Wake Forest performance in a baseball game I've seen in 30 years.

Notre Dame has recorded 22 outs. Our pitchers have 13 strikeouts. And yet we have given up 10 runs.

I wanted to head over to the game, but when I checked the score, I changed my mind.

Look man, I get it, you hate Walter and will look for anything to use against him.

But do you really think he's giving Lanzilli bunt signals? He's a career .330-ish hitter. Chris is doing that on his own to try to bunt for a hit. He's already done so several times this season.

Wrong. Lanzilli definitely did not bunt on his own. I know many players on this team and talk to them all the time. They have said the bunt call comes from the hitting coach in the dugout not the third base coach and he calls it a lot.

Wrong. Lanzilli definitely did not bunt on his own. I know many players on this team and talk to them all the time. They have said the bunt call comes from the hitting coach in the dugout not the third base coach and he calls it a lot.

So what is going on when Lanzilli is stepping out of the box, looking straight down the third-base line at Walter 50 feet away, who is giving frantic and extensive finger and fingers to opposite forearm signals for 5 to 10 seconds between bats?

So what is going on when Lanzilli is stepping out of the box, looking straight down the third-base line at Walter 50 feet away, who is giving frantic and extensive finger and fingers to opposite forearm signals for 5 to 10 seconds between bats?

Third base coach still gives signs. he could ask for a hit and run, could be a steal sign, or a sac bunt. But I was told the bunt for a hit sign comes from the assistant coach in the dugout and really the point is that why are you asking guys to bunt stop overcoaching.

He wouldn't be facing the batter from 50 feet to give a signal to a base runner for a hit and run or a steal.

He wouldn't be facing the batter from 50 feet to give a signal to a base runner for a hit and run or a steal.

This getting to be a ridiculous discussion. FWIW, if you watch the Deacs play, Lanzilli has and will bunt on his own. That's part of his game. To determine whether he did that at the point in question, only two people know: Walter and Lanzilli. So, unless someone is going to track them down and ask them about a situation that is now fading in memory, time to let it go.

There are plenty of issues to bring up about WF baseball without needing to get into whether a bunt sign was given. WF has played seven games, all at home, against teams with inferior talent and resources, and WF has managed to win just three of those games. This is an argument that we can keep simple.

Last edited:
Per Conor: tomorrow's game against WCU has been postponed/cancelled (no explanation given).

WF hosts BC for a weekend series.

Parker Dunshee starting for the A's against the Brewers today in the Cactus League. Dunshee pitched two scoreless hitless innings against the Brewers, including facing Christian Yelich (Yelich flew out). Kudos!

Last edited:
Louisville loses a home game to Morehead

Everyone wants more head. Be careful what you wish for.

This getting to be a ridiculous discussion. FWIW, if you watch the Deacs play, Lanzilli has and will bunt on his own. That's part of his game. To determine whether he did that at the point in question, only two people know: Walter and Lanzilli. So, unless someone is going to track them down and ask them about a situation that is now fading in memory, time to let it go.

There are plenty of issues to bring up about WF baseball without needing to get into whether a bunt sign was given. WF has played seven games, all at home, against teams with inferior talent and resources, and WF has managed to win just three of those games. This is an argument that we can keep simple.

Nope, you are 100 percent wrong and have no clue what you are talking about. But really who cares about bunting.

In more pressing news, the Wednesday game was canceled due to a positive COVID test for a prominent player.

Back