• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

This is among the dumbest things I've ever read on here. Congrats on that one.

Also love -- *LOVE* -- the idea that you think "Walters" just sprung it on Miami after Saturday night's game of, "hey we're going to get on out of town a day early and not play tomorrow cool, cool, see ya!" Conversations with Miami and the ACC started last weekend.

Pro Humiliate!!

This is among the dumbest things I've ever read on here. Congrats on that one.

Also love -- *LOVE* -- the idea that you think "Walters" just sprung it on Miami after Saturday night's game of, "hey we're going to get on out of town a day early and not play tomorrow cool, cool, see ya!" Conversations with Miami and the ACC started last weekend.

They had three relievers throw less than an inning game two, telling me they couldn’t throw 2 each plus the reliever from game 1 throw another 2? That leaves one extra inning for one of first three guys. Not exactly grounds for canceling a game. What does the COVID ACC rule state exactly ?

Why not postpone game until Monday ? Point is, Walter used the rules to get out of a third game when he could have better managed the pitching to be able to play 3 (pitching 4 guys less than an inning in game two). If they were playing sacred heart, Georgetown, hellen Keller school of the blind, they would have played game three.

Last edited:
And is Wake impacted more than other schools? Everyone is dealing with Covid.

I think it was obvious as in fball and bkb, that you play if you can, with athletes who are cleared from testing or contact tracing, if you have enough. Yes BC forced Christian to play with 4 scholly players for the last few weeks but how did that work out? Baseball is a different roster management issue with back to back to back.

This week not looking good.

From WFS write-up, UNCC is off to a good start with 2 potential AA at this point, both batting around .350 with a bunch of Homer's. The pitcher we face is 6'8" and in his last outing last week beat a good #14 Tennessee program. They were then swept last weekend at ECU and are 8-6.

GT is better overall than Miami, IMHO.

Not seeing a W here.....

Last edited:
This week not looking good.

From WFS write-up, UNCC is off to a good start with 2 potential AA at this point, both batting around .350 with a bunch of Homer's. The pitcher we face is 6'8" and in his last outing last week beat a good #14 Tennessee program. They were then swept last weekend at ECU and are 8-6.

GT is better overall than Miami, IMHO.

Not seeing a W here.....

While not arguing with the larger point that WF baseball is struggling, have a problem with anyone's interpretation of baseball if they claim "to not see a W" over a stretch of games. This is sport where the best teams still lose at least 1/3 of their games, and the worst still win a 1/3 of their games. Really hard to lose them all even when you stink. Bottom line is that WF started 2-0 and has lost 6 of the last 7. Even with the recent COVID absences, that is terrible, given the investment made in the program, and the talent on hand. Long season, but prospects are looking grim. Hope the coaches and players prove the doubters wrong, but its an ugly picture right now.

4-1 Final. Well pitched mid week game. Bats still need to get going. Ludowig and Lanzilli combine to go 0-8 in the 1-2 spots. Costello continues to be a bright spot.

Good game. Good win. Got a little shaky near the end with runners on second and third, one out, and a Full Count. Adler had been little iffy (lots of balls and a WP) but came through with the second out, striking out the batter on a full count. Final out was to 2nd baseman who threw to first. Good performance overall... only two wild pitches but they did not result in any runs. No infield errors and no throwing errors. Still a little concerned that the offense can't produce more runs given excellent opportunities several times. Left a lot of runners on, several on 3rd. Could have easily been a 7 -10 to 1 game. But glad we won.

Last edited:
I'll get interested after we win 9 of our next 10....or something very close to that.

Charlotte had been crushing the ball. For us to hold them to 4 hits is impressive.

Need to win a couple ACC series and get back to .500

Seasons over? ND leads the division, lose 5 games to Covid and oh by the way,
• With the entry of Boston College, North Carolina, Pitt and Virginia Tech into several national polls this week, each of the 14 Atlantic Coast Conference baseball teams has already been ranked nationally in preseason and/or during the opening two weeks of the 2021 season. Nine ACC teams appear this week in at least one of the six major polls, led by Louisville’s No. 1 ranking by Perfect Game. Georgia Tech, Miami and Virginia are also ranked among the nation’s top 10 by at least one publication.
Yeah, let's just expect us to just win every series. The U is #5 for a reason. I guess State should close up shop after we do being just 4-6.
Hot takes and unreasonable expectations are worse here than BKB or FB.

80deacon 

Ricky Peral  Join Date

NC State is 1-5 in the ACC. Swept by GT at home and 1 W vs Miami and 2 losses at home. Series with Duke postponed. I'd say, right now, they are better than us. We could possibly improve whereas I'd say State's chances are probable.

80deacon 

Ricky Peral  Join Date

NC State is 1-5 in the ACC. Swept by GT at home and 1 W vs Miami and 2 losses at home. Series with Duke postponed. I'd say, right now, they are better than us. We could possibly improve whereas I'd say State's chances are probable.

Seems as if you follow the WF baseball program to trash them. Before the Charlotte game, your hot take was that there are no apparent "W's on the sched", and WF then promptly won that day. Now, the claim is that WF is less likely improve than last place NC State. Thanks for insight... Is this a reverse mojo move?

Seems as if you follow the WF baseball program to trash them. Before the Charlotte game, your hot take was that there are no apparent "W's on the sched", and WF then promptly won that day. Now, the claim is that WF is less likely improve than last place NC State. Thanks for insight... Is this a reverse mojo move?

Nah he’s just a realist, wake baseball is a joke and will continue to be until they get rid of Walter

Nothing says panicking more than moving your best hitter to the seven hole over 40 at bat span. What a nervous wreck Walter is.

Back