• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Ok. Time for my "Walter Decisions" question.

Why do you take out Oxford when he just pitched a great inning?

And Furtado gives up a walk and a hit after a fly out.

And Furtado gives up a walk, a hit after a fly out, a WP, and a single to score 2. There's your scripted loss all on Walter's decision.

Walter is a good guy but a terrible manager. He's had plenty of years but generally it's the same underachieving every year with head scratching managerial decisions.

The draft statuses of our upperclassmen who returned this season (minus the pitchers) are plummeting daily. This is going to make them grip the bat even tighter. Not sure what the answers are. This season is imploding.

Lanzila has been awful this year. That was an awful at bat in the eighth inning. We have probably some of the finest facilities in all of college baseball but we just keep losing. At some point you have to blame the manager.

18 strikeouts. Unbelievable. I don't think I have ever seen a Wake team hit so poorly. Walter has to go.

Keep swinging for the fences boys. May as well start playing the young guys and groom them for the new coach. The seniors are pretty much done.

Glad I didn't watch this.

Sucks Cusick and our bullpen can pitch such a gem and our offense can't reward them for a few runs support

Lead was short-lived as FSU scored one in the third and two in the fourth to retake the lead 7 - 6. We had Bases Loaded in 6th with one out when freshman Costello singled to tie it at 7. Bennett SF 8-7. FSU brought Scolaro back in (pitched well in relief ystrdy.) Turconi at bat & a 2 strike count. Scolaro gets him to swing for 3rd strike and 3rd out.

Last edited:
Back