• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Surely you jest and aware of Danny boy’s undeserved monstrosity negotiated by Ronny boy.

I mean clearly RW is/was a dope. But locking down your hoops coach isn't exactly like locking down your baseball coach.

We actually do have enough talent this year to not be 10-15.

Having watched maybe 75% of our games, this all seems like coaching to me. I hate to say it, because I like Walter and he's obviously a great man.

all games ACC stats:

WF is 14th (of 14) in team hitting, 14th in team stolen bases (7 stolen bases...13th place has 14; UL has 83),
11th in team ERA, have thrown 39 wild pitches (most in the ACC)
12th in team fielding percentage, 12 passed balls on the season (most in the ACC)

in 25 games, the ball has gotten away from the catcher (WP or PB) 51 times, allowing runner(s) to advance. that is... a lot of free bases

same stats, ACC play:

12th in team hitting, 14th in stolen bases (1 stolen base in league play)
13th in team ERA, have thrown 24 WP in ACC play (most in the ACC)
13th in team fielding percentage, 7 passed balls on ACC season (2nd most in ACC)

in 17 league games, the ball has gotten away from the catcher (WP or PB) 31 times, allowing runner(s) to advance. that is... a lot of free bases

Last edited:
all games ACC stats:

WF is 14th (of 14) in team hitting, 14th in team stolen bases (7 stolen bases...13th place has 14; UL has 83),
12th in team fielding percentage, 12 passed balls on the season (most in the ACC)

in 25 games, the ball has gotten away from the catcher (WP or PB) 51 times, allowing runner(s) to advance. that is... a lot of free bases

same stats, ACC play:

13th in team fielding percentage, 7 passed balls on ACC season (2nd most in ACC)

in 17 league games, the ball has gotten away from the catcher (WP or PB) 31 times, allowing runner(s) to advance. that is... a lot of free bases

Just, "Wow"....

all games ACC stats:

same stats, ACC play:

"Well" past time to move on from this "man"ager. You can't hide from the fact that the baseball media thought this team should be 17th, and it turns out they pretty much are just as bad as ever. Seems to be one constant , and I think everyone that watches the Deacs knows they are not fundamentally sound in the field, on the mound, or at the plate. I guess the excuses will be: 1)The covid pause took away all of our momentum, 2)We sat around too long due to the layoff since last Spring, 3)Such unfair injuries, 4)we are so very young. That, my friends, is straight from the Wellman bible of excuses.

"Well" past time to move on from this "man"ager. You can't hide from the fact that the baseball media thought this team should be 17th, and it turns out they pretty much are just as bad as ever. Seems to be one constant , and I think everyone that watches the Deacs knows they are not fundamentally sound in the field, on the mound, or at the plate. I guess the excuses will be: 1)The covid pause took away all of our momentum, 2)We sat around too long due to the layoff since last Spring, 3)Such unfair injuries, 4)we are so very young. That, my friends, is straight from the Wellman bible of excuses.

Question is, at what point is he held accountable for being a loser ? sure he donated a kidney but when I played there guys on the team would go entire fall without having one meaningful conversation with the guy. It was like a funeral every day at practice. Worst experience I’ve ever had playing baseball

Press conference after the sweep by VT he’s talking about scholarship limitations at wake what a joke. Guy needs to go ASAP

Let’s say for a second he’s right about scholarship limitations (should never ever be said in an Avenue that his players can hear- poor leader) but you think he’d not waste spots on his team for guys whose only reason for being around are to secure donations from their parents.

Press conference after the sweep by VT he’s talking about scholarship limitations at wake what a joke. Guy needs to go ASAP

Hired by Wellman. Not surprised. Just another train wreck.

The midweek pitching, minus the Liberty game has been excellent. Need to take 2 of 3 at least at Duke. Call me a masochist but I’m going to go to those games being that I live in Raleigh.

The midweek pitching, minus the Liberty game has been excellent. Need to take 2 of 3 at least at Duke. Call me a masochist but I’m going to go to those games being that I live in Raleigh.

If they play at the Durham Bulls stadium, it's worth it. Eat at Tobacco Road and sit on the deck in the outfield. Lots of Wake players honored in the decor....equal between, Duke, UNC, and State. Nice venue. It really honors "The Big 4"....

They do play there. Duke’s old on campus stadium was one of the worst I’ve ever been in. I’ve seen plenty of Wake baseball at the DBAP, including the ACC titles. Unfortunately, my last game there was the debacle against State in the ACC Tourney 2 years ago. As long as there is beer it won’t suck.

I might be wrong, but I do not think any fans are allowed at Duke home baseball games (not even parents). I know my friend tried to go the WFU-Duke tennis match in Durham on Sunday, and no fans were allowed at the match. He had to turn around and go back home.

I might be wrong, but I do not think any fans are allowed at Duke home baseball games (not even parents). I know my friend tried to go the WFU-Duke tennis match in Durham on Sunday, and no fans were allowed at the match. He had to turn around and go back home.

Thanks for that info. I will check first.

huge weekend series! Both team are fighting to stay out of the bottom 2 in the hopes of qualifying for the ACC tournament. I can't wait!

Back