• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Keith Law has Cusick 9th in his draft rankings:

Cusick might have the draft’s best fastball, up to 100 mph with spin and elite extension, and he can really spin a breaking ball, although the pitch isn’t consistent. He’s punched out 39 percent of the batters he’s faced this year, and the Deacons’ defense hasn’t done him many favors (he’s allowed a .450 BABIP), but even improved control hasn’t gotten him to average yet.

Talent hasn't been the issue for WF in recent years.

Twitter is down. The world spins on.

Wake leads 4-0 in the top of the 6th. All of the runs in this inning -- first one on an infield single by Chris Lanzilli and E6, and then a 3-run HR by Shane Muntz.

8-0. Seymour with the Grand Slam!! I love the shut down inning in the B6 by Cusick after scoring 4.

8-0. Seymour with the Grand Slam!! I love the shut down inning in the B6 by Cusick after scoring 4.

That and Cusick pitching into the 7th for the first time in his career are the best things about his night.

I wonder what our total of given up runs with 2 outs are for this year?

Our Friday win was largely due to Duke playing like us on our worst days....lots of PB/WP and 7 walks.

Another unforced error on Tuconni. Fields ball cleanly but bounces it to Seymour...

Last edited:
Wade gives 2 scoreless innings, Walter yanks him for the next inning. McNamee immediately gives up double on 1st pitch and walks 2nd batter. In comes Oxford.

Why was Crawford yanked?

I mean have a fresh bullpen that you've hardly used and you leave Fleming in to give up 8 runs. The managerial decisions continue to be highly questionable

And a 2 out 3 run double....good grief. Another multiple run inning on 2 outs.

11-2 Duke

Ok. Saw a first. A WF coach in the bullpen stops a hit with his clipboard. Umpire gives runner one base. Duke appeals for 2 bases but denied.

How bad are we? Well, we battle the team (the worst ACC team we've faced) tied with us at the bottom of last team in the tourney.

Gave them 17 hits!

Last edited:
Deacs were down 5-0 heading into the 5th, and took the lead 6-5 off a Seymour GS. Immediately after, Duke hits a HR to tie. 6-6 currently in bottom of the 5th.

Lowder should have never started the next inning. He labored to get through 4 and was fooling nobody. Let’s get the bats going again!!

...and Walter replaces the 1 on 1st, 1 out Furtado for Minacci who gives up a HR and a 9-7 lead for Duke....(game was tied 7-7)...and so on...

Last edited:
Back