• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

What a bunch of bums! Kids have no guts and let VT hammer them, pun intended. One of the best celebrations I’ve ever seen!

So far, 3 more errors, 3 WP, 1 PB, 1 HBP

Didn’t bother scanning for balks but you get the point.

Can we bring Tatum O’Neal onto the team to shore things up?

I feel bad for the players, but at some point Occam's Razor is unavoidable. It's not bad breaks. It's not natural disasters that somehow disproportionately affect WFU. It's not a piece missing here or there. It's not some previously unheard of statistical anomaly.

We just suck at baseball.

I listened to Walter’s postgame and while he sounded like a manager on the way out , I appreciated his honesty about the upperclassmen and how they were basically destroying their draft statuses and the impact that has on their headspace as the season progresses.

I have to wonder do we really "practice" playing actual game situations/innings or is everything individual hitting and pitching instruction from the computer lab. We sure fail the eye test when watching a game, like the guys have just assembled the team and have never played together.

Walter exiting to an administrative position would be the best situation. Good man, no baggage. Let him be Associate AD of Baseball and Pitching Lab/help with recruiting.

As of now, another baseball program has surpassed us. I think Duke did 2 years ago (I think they will win the series vs us this year), UVa has for awhile but a down year currently, maybe Pitt or BC, and now VT.

I listened to Walter’s postgame and while he sounded like a manager on the way out , I appreciated his honesty about the upperclassmen and how they were basically destroying their draft statuses and the impact that has on their headspace as the season progresses.

i’d say there’s pretty strong evidence that walter is a bad baseball leader while being a real stand up, legitimately good dude. “that’s what makes this so difficult”

Is the Notre Dame series going to be made up? Loss today and they’d have to win about every series with some sweeps to even have a chance to make NCAA

Is the Notre Dame series going to be made up? Loss today and they’d have to win about every series with some sweeps to even have a chance to make NCAA

The Boston College series was announced as canceled, not postponed. I would imagine it won’t be made up simply because trying to squeeze in games would burn a lot of pitchers.

As of today, BC and WF would be the two teams left out of the ACC tournament. Maybe they could play a series while everyone else has a tournament...(I realize that won’t happen)

Freshman Costello is at .299 and Wilken is a shade above .300. After that Lanzilli at .258 is our highest average. That is pretty pathetic in college baseball. Does Cliento, or anyone, have any idea what our guys are doing? Is it approach? Not working the count? Taking too many strikes? Or are they just average to below average ballplayers?

Back