• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

The ACC was down this year, but having one non-national seed hosting spot was ridiculous.

Can we kill this “down year for the ACC”? Sent 8 teams to regionals, and have the opportunity to send 3 to Omaha. Pretty damn good if you ask me. Certainly wish more teams had the opportunity to get in regional play, but that decision was made by the selection committee (who obviously underestimated the conference). I don’t think this is a “down” year for the ACC. I’ve been pretty impressed.

Wishing the best to Hendricks. Hope we find a multi-talented coach that can utilize the incredible technology we have in the pitching lab, while also balancing the analytical and mental approach to baseball.

ND pitching es no bueno tonight. Irish on its 4th pitcher - in the second inning

Hendricks resigned. volunteer coach is favorite for HPU head coaching position. Do we keep the much maligned hitting coach or is it a complete staff turnover?

Really happy for Joey Hammond and hope they choose him over at HPU. He deserves it! Time for a new staff at Wake.

Really happy for Joey Hammond and hope they choose him over at HPU. He deserves it! Time for a new staff at Wake.

Never a good sign. if head coach can't keep on board his assistants who are not clearly leaving for a better job, not a good sign.

Never a good sign. if head coach can't keep on board his assistants who are not clearly leaving for a better job, not a good sign.

The volunteer coach is the favorite for a paid head coaching position. That’s clearly a better job.

The volunteer coach is the favorite for a paid head coaching position. That’s clearly a better job.

Agreed. Not sure how much he's going to get paid over at HPU (assuming they hire him) but that will be a big pay raise for a Volunteer assistant. I knew if they never promoted him he would eventually get a better gig.

No way they didn't throw Hendricks under the bus and blame the failure this season on him.... he "resigned" Deacs86 ;)

How about Hammond getting the head coach job at high point from volunteer coach😂slap in the face to that moron cilento

NC State representing
Beat Stanford today, soundly. Stanford got it close in the 8th 6-4, but the Pack turned on the turbo and drove in 4 more runs off reliever to win 10-4.

Last edited:
Sounding like ncsu has been hit w covid and might have to forfeit one victory from the finals

Sounding like ncsu has been hit w covid and might have to forfeit one victory from the finals

I thought NCSU was already in trouble after Stanford blew it against Vandy, meaning they'd have to get thru Kumar and Leiter. But man, this is really #ncstateshit.

they are going to play with a reduced lineup. suck it wolfnecks.

Wonder what the Pack vax situation is.

Vandy has been ultra lucky in the CWS. Arizona blew a big lead in Vandy's first game; Stanford choked away the elimination game, and now the Dores may advance to the final without having to beat State twice?

Update: the game will be played, but the Pack will have a number of players out, including their starting second baseman and their closer.

Last edited:
UVa taken out by Texas and State looking like Covid. Hate it for the Pack. Not over yet but would hate to be eliminated that way.

The announcers just said, “With all due respect to Jim Valvano and the 1983 championship team, this championship would eclipse that one in NC State lore.“ Some serious hyperbole going on here by people with college baseball colored glasses.

Back