• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

There were literally probably a 100 people or more wanting to buy tickets who were not allowed.

Rained out.... on the bright side, it's not a non-conference loss so there's that. :thumbsup:

"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains." - Bull Durham

an addition to the walter go to excuses..."freshman fatigue" "one dimensional pitchers" good players play well its as simple as that, wake doesn't have that many good players

Debbie Downer Deac86

Josh Hartle in his first HS outing this season:
7 IP
0 hits
0 runs
0 BB
14 k's

7 IP
0 hits
0 runs
0 BB
14 k's

he'll never get to wake, good for him. wake will never produce a quality big league starting pitcher with walter there

cooney was good but injuries unfortunately derailed him, shuster could possibly be a #5 if everything clicks, roberts sucks, cusick will get lit up in pro ball too

cooney was good but injuries unfortunately derailed him, shuster could possibly be a #5 if everything clicks, roberts sucks, cusick will get lit up in pro ball too

We are lucky to have a poster that can see things that MLB scouts can't.

Cusick is not a winner. Tonight is just another example. He’ll sign a big contract but I have to agree with Deacs86 on this one.

Cusick is not a winner. Tonight is just another example. He’ll sign a big contract but I have to agree with Deacs86 on this one.

he's soft, can see it from the blimp. if he pitches a game in the major leagues ill be surprised

7 IP
0 hits
0 runs
0 BB
14 k's

Yeah, it's too bad we won't get to see him play in a Deacon uniform. But great for him and cool to have a first rounder pitching at a high school here in town. Actually very interested to see how he does in the pros. He doesn't throw that hard, tops out at 93-94 but usually 88-90ish but every pitch has great movement and he works both sides of the plate. You don't often see a left handed high school pitcher who can throw a cutter in on a left handed batter. He may be special.

ETA: He threw that perfect game just a few weeks off recovering from an appendectomy.

Won G1 against Belmont 10-1. I have seen more guts on the mound from freshman Rhett Lowder than any other Deacon starter this year. I can think of numerous games where he has made big pitches to get out of bases loaded situations. Good for him.

Our performance vs Belmont (swept DH easily) indicates we would likely finish in the upper half or even #1....in the Ohio Valley Conference. Unfortunately, we play in the ACC.

I have to give credit to Bobby Seymour. He has really been swinging a hot bat and has some pretty darn respectable numbers, even playing in our bandbox.

he's soft, can see it from the blimp. if he pitches a game in the major leagues ill be surprised

What game were you super scouts watching? i was there. Kid had a one hitter through 5 innings with about 80 pitches thrown and 9 ks. He averaged about 95-96 on his fastballs and low 80s on his change ups. Our starters generally work on a 100 pitch count. No way the coach should have left him in in the 6th when he was in a jam and was quickly approaching 100 pitches. Whatever though, coach takes the path of least resistance...no hit and run, no good defense, strike out 12-15 times a game and sit back and wait for the long ball. How has that worked out. Time for a change. For all you super scouts, keep your day job. I bet Cusick does quite well.

Not sure anyone is still paying attention but Deacs trail early 2-0. Cusick with a HBP, 2 walks, and 2 wild pitches leading to the runs. His ERA could be around 4.5-5 at the end of the season.

Back