• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Forbes Outlook

The eight years without Tim, GDO won a total of one ACCT game.

The suggestion is that Odom was more lucky than good because he recruited Duncan?
So, Manning gets credited as an great big man coach on these forums because of John Collins' amazing improvement in 2 years, but Odom was simply lucky for recruiting Duncan?

The suggestion is that Odom was more lucky than good because he recruited Duncan?
So, Manning gets credited as an great big man coach on these forums because of John Collins' amazing improvement in 2 years, but Odom was simply lucky for recruiting Duncan?

What you are implying is something I would never say. I would never compare GDO to Danny. It's a no contest. GDO was massively better.

That doesn't change the fact that Wake was lucky to get Tim and that GDO only won one ACCT game in the eight years he didn't have Tim.

You have to be encouraged at Wake competing in these ACC games with probably the worst roster since Bzzz's tenure. WF may not win a ton of games this year, but once Forbes can get his own recruits on campus, I think Wake will finally turn the corner out of the lost decade.

I can't believe a thread about our new fucking awesome basketball coach devolved into yet another fucking Dave Odom argument. As of this spring it will be two fucking decades since he was at Wake.

Just let it go.

I can't believe a thread about our new fucking awesome basketball coach devolved into yet another fucking Dave Odom argument. As of this spring it will be two fucking decades since he was at Wake.

Just let it go.

yeah, ^^^ THIS ^^^.

Just let it go.

Danny/Redacted/Odom/Sarr/Chaundee

At least 1 mention a day for eternity. Test my theory

You have to be encouraged at Wake competing in these ACC games with probably the worst roster since Bzzz's tenure. WF may not win a ton of games this year, but once Forbes can get his own recruits on campus, I think Wake will finally turn the corner out of the lost decade.

Maybe this is just my overexuberance about Forbes, but I think Forbes would reach the NIT or NCAA with 7 out of the 10 [Redacted]/Manning rosters and stay over .500 every year.

I like the starting line up of Williamson, Antonio, Muciuis, Massoud and Oguama. I like Okpomo behind Ody. I like Johnson in rotation with M&M. I like Whitt and Neath in rotation with Davien. It took time to get there but it makes sense. I like that Forbes will mix it up as needed. I'm hopeful that Dubose can return at SG and Antonio can be instant offense off the bench. It all makes sense because it reflects the quality of play we have seen and the skills each player contributes. I love that defense is a must do and that lack of D will be rewarded with a seat on the bench.

For a throw away season, what's not to like? However, I doubt Forbes or his team believe the season is a throw away. They are focused on getting their first ACC road win. If you're gonna play you might as well win.

Back