• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Forbes Outlook

Deacon93

Reaction score
I can’t believe how excited I am about Forbes after all these loses in ACC play. We have been so competitive in every game with a absolutely shit roster minus the transfers and Mucius. Is it too early to say that Forbes will go down as the best coach in Wake history when it’s all said and done?

Forbes is a damn good coach, once he gets some players Wake will be a serious contender in the ACC.

He's a winner. Love his passion and energy. It's clear that the team is going to play hard every single game for him. You love tomsee it!

If you haven’t seen the Twitter video of him in the locker room after the game, you’re missing out. That dude radiates big energy.

If you haven’t seen the Twitter video of him in the locker room after the game, you’re missing out. That dude radiates big energy.

Damn I just came here to say this. Absolutely the man.

I can’t believe how excited I am about Forbes after all these loses in ACC play. We have been so competitive in every game with a absolutely shit roster minus the transfers and Mucius. Is it too early to say that Forbes will go down as the best coach in Wake history when it’s all said and done?

Might want to amend this for some proper respect to Ody and Ish.

And yes it is WAY Too early to say anything like that. Love the guy but we have had some winners. And some turds.

Agree. Ody is damn good and Ish has weaknesses but can obviously shoot lights out at times. Hard to find 6’8” guys who can shoot like that from deep.

If Forbes can be as good as Dave Odom, we will be very fortunate.

If Forbes can be as good as Dave Odom, we will be very fortunate.

If Forbes ends up as good as Odom, Prosser or Tacy --- I will be happy. All 3 had their strengths and weaknesses.

He has a shot (he has a whole other NBA level mind about hoops if you listen to him carefully and who he hangs out with/his connections) to be even better.

I love our electric big loud redneck coach and I can't wait until he's whupping everyone's ass in the ACC

Never had worse than a 7-9 ACC record after his first year. Lucky to get Rogers and Duncan, but was a pretty damn good coach.

Luck = hard work + opportunity. Odom had the patience and put in the effort to make sure Wake had a spot for RoRo once he got his academics up to athletic minimums.

Odom had maintained good relationships with former players. Thus he got the phone call about the tall kid down in the islands. If he hadn't put in the work to maintain relationships, that phone call might not have happened, and Tim D might have gone to Providence.

Forbes could use some "Odom luck."

I love Coach Forbes, and I am reasonably certain he will achieve great results at Wake. Without a doubt, he will be MUCH better than the dumpster fire of the last ten years.

To me, the program's success under Forbes all gets tied back to Currie having the cojones to fire a coach during a pandemic that was owed a shitload of money. We became the top job available and were able to snag the top coach available. Those moves are leadership.

Also, it's pretty cool that he already has 300 wins as a head coach. Would love to see him get win 600 at Wake.

Back