• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Quote of the Decade.

macktheknife

Reaction score
“We had to put him in Wake Forest stuff,” Senior Bowl executive director Jim Nagy said. “If we put him in Georgia stuff ….  the vitriol among DawgNation on Twitter has been unbelievable.”

Wake Forest should ask for their gear back.

He needs to be in Wake gear since he is a Wake Forest graduate. Then get drafted and he will be our 2nd QB in the NFL next season along with Wolford!

Last edited:
So it sounds like he preferred to wear a Georgia helmet? If so, that’s pretty shitty.

Where does it say or infer that he preferred the Georgia helmet?

They had to make a decision about a player who was at two schools.

But some of those close to Newman, including former Georgia teammates, were sensitive to the fact that Newman had to consider what was best for his future, and UGA had not named him the starter.

But some of those close to Newman, including former Georgia teammates, were sensitive to the fact that Newman had to consider what was best for his future, and UGA had not named him the starter.

But he was going to be and most of you naysayers kept saying that Daniels was going to beat him out. Daniels was not even healthy until the middle of the season because of his knee surgery!

But he was going to be and most of you naysayers kept saying that Daniels was going to beat him out. Daniels was not even healthy until the middle of the season because of his knee surgery!

I have no idea if he was going to be the starter or not, but the fact that he wasn't named the starter at the time he left, certainly didn't lead me to believe he was certain to start. I think in retrospect, he was their best option, but maybe Smart didn't think so during spring ball.

If he couldn't beat our Dwan Mathis and Stetson Bennett on the practice field, preparing for the NFL draft was a fool's errand. My guess is that he was outperforming them on the practice field, but probably not by a wide margin and he got skittish and bailed. Maybe he just realized he made a mistake and wasn't comfortable. There's also a 0.01% chance he was scared he was going to catch COVID and become debilitated and die.

In summary, I think things looked a little shaky for him with the starting QB position, especially since JT Daniels was going to eventually get 100% healthy, some people got in his ear, and he pussied out, figuring he was better off with an incomplete resume at Wake Forest.

New quote of the decade: "Then he said those famous 3 words, You got to get your education."

~Marquis Grissom

It would be really difficult to choose just 1 quote of the last decade surrounding Wake hoops.

Redacted had some fucking doozies..."You're just as good as Ryan Kelly" as he whispers in Tyler Cananaughs ear, was one of my favorites.

Back