• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Deacs @ the NC State Wolfpack - Wednesday 8 pm ACCN

And then Williamson intentionally fouls on the next possession, they don’t call it and they get a breakaway layup. Awesome job refs.

Agree - not calling that foul killed what little hope we had.

Although meaningless except in Vegas, that was a nice play set up in that final timeout.

Refs sorta sucked.

Wake puts up a decent fight...just need to be more consistent and cut down on the turnovers (handle defensive pressure better).

I think we just need a lot more practice time, some more experience and strength for the guards, some set plays to break the press.

If you think about how little we've been able to practice it makes sense that Forbes has had to focus his efforts elsewhere. The time is now!

Running end of game scenarios down 8 to prepare for when you are down 2-3. Coaching until the end. So refreshing.

Couldn't agree more. It was ugly and frustrating to watch but again, we fought to the end.

Carter Whitt is putting up some historically terrible stats... shooting under 30% , blistering rate of turnovers far outpacing his assists. Not to mention the lack of athleticism. I mean I want to see it with him, but I just don’t see it.

Carter Whitt is putting up some historically terrible stats... shooting under 30% , blistering rate of turnovers far outpacing his assists. Not to mention the lack of athleticism. I mean I want to see it with him, but I just don’t see it.

I'm not sure how you teach quickness but I've been assured that can happen.

Too many turnovers. The game was effectively over with 11 minutes left to play and State leading 52-34. They maintained a 15 point lead with 5:33 left. Deacs went on a 9 point run to get within 6 at 3:30, then traded baskets until losing 72-67. Too little, too late. Massoud started hot then became a brickmason. Davien scored 22 but 5 turnovers hurt.

Jahcobi Neath handled the ball well and showed accuracy shooting. He may have earned a start. Oguama and Okpomo combined for 16/7 to match Funderburk and Bates 12/8. The State duo was better protecting the rim. Hard to find bright spots when the team commits 21 turnovers.

Can he shoot the ball at all? He never looks for his shot unless it’s a drive. He can handle the ball and see the court, but he has to take some shots and value the ball more. He can’t be Pete Maravich in the ACC as a 17 year old.

Can he shoot the ball at all? He never looks for his shot unless it’s a drive. He can handle the ball and see the court, but he has to take some shots and value the ball more. He can’t be Pete Maravich in the ACC as a 17 year old.

Whitt really does need to value the basketball more. He seems to defer to everybody. Let's hope that is caused by his youth, inexperience and newness to the team. He needs to shoot when open.

I don't think we will ever confuse Whitt with Pistol Pete. Socks are all wrong.

I can't put my finger on it, but it's like we play a rope-a-dope. We take all these shots but still have a punchers shot at winning.

Or maybe teams just think of us as the team from the last 10 years that would just fold up and go home, I think it's pretty clear that Forbes has instilled the thought that we shouldn't be losing games and our opponents are not used to that.

Everybody on the team dribbles into double teams on the press. It's been true since the press was invented: you beat it with quick passes and schemed spacing.

We also dribble too much in the half court set.

Thought this was Neath's best game. I agree, with Dubose out, I think he needs to start with Williamson in the backcourt. Any word on the tests with Dubose and how they went.

Back