• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Deacs @ the NC State Wolfpack - Wednesday 8 pm ACCN

I’ve watched every game this year, ugliest half of basketball so far. Being down by 12 is a miracle.

We have a habit of completely melting down when things go poorly right now. That should change (hopefully) as the season goes on and Forbes coaches these guys. But at the moment we just completely lose sight of fundamentals and start forcing shots, dribbling way too much, etc.

I’ve watched every game this year, ugliest half of basketball so far. Being down by 12 is a miracle.

Absolutely butt ugly. Run some sets for wing jumpers or backcuts, rebound and attack the press. Daniels legs will go.

Why have we gotten away from working for a good 3 point dhot

Not to pile on, but I don’t think we have a single player on our team who would start for another ACC squad. Antonio might be closest since he’s a great shooter and a good defender, but other than that we either lack skill or size across the board. Forbes has a lot of work to do.

They seem bigger, more athletic, and quicker. Other than that, it’s close. :)

Letting Daniels torch us at every level is very much not good.

I counted THREE fucking obvious fouls on our guards on that press. None called until the obvious hook which the incredulous announcer couldn't believe until he saw the replay

Blow out city coming. WTF is Antonio doing trying to beat press?

That’s exactly what we should be doing, IMHO. I wouldn’t necessarily choose him to be the one to do it, but that’s a safer bet than passing over the top like we have been.

Agree that they haven’t called a few obvious fouls when we beat the press.

This is the worst we’ve looked since Georgia tech.

Just stopped by to ask when the NCAA eliminated the reach-in foul. Shades of Duke officiating in this one - let them get away with a few fouls early and now it's like they just aren't going to call any reaches at all. NC State is playing some good defense but it's turning into incredible defense since they can just throw an arm in and whatever, it's fine.

Back