Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    #scoooop
    Lol

FWIW, Shaka Smart is from Wisconsin. So, going to Marquette is heading home. That said, seems clear that Smart pre-emptively made this move to stay ahead of those that wanted him out at Texas. Texas paid Smart a lot of money to win the same number of NCAA Tourney games as Danny Manning at WF in six seasons, despite LOTS of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    FWIW, Shaka Smart is from Wisconsin. So, going to Marquette is heading home. That said, seems clear that Smart pre-emptively made this move to stay ahead of those that wanted him out at Texas. Texas paid Smart a lot of money to win the same number of NCAA Tourney games as Danny Manning at WF in six seasons, despite LOTS of talent.
    He should have taken the job at Wake when it was offered.

Steve Lepore
    Is Shaka's wife getting a tenured professorship?

Rusty Larue
    Shaka ain't no dummy. This gets him 2-3 more years at least before he might get canned.

Steve Lepore
    2-3??? More like 6. They kept Wojo that long.

Quote Originally Posted by tvcigar View Post
    2-3??? More like 6. They kept Wojo that long.
    True That. 3 NCAA appearances for Shaka and 0 wins. Meanwhile they weren't happy with Rick Barnes and his winning record there and he had about 19 NCAA tourney wins while at Texas--2 Sweet 16's, a Elite 8 & a Final Four while posting an overall record of 402-180 and 186-94 conference record.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReff View Post
    True That. 3 NCAA appearances for Shaka and 0 wins. Meanwhile they weren't happy with Rick Barnes and his winning record there and he had about 19 NCAA tourney wins while at Texas--2 Sweet 16's, a Elite 8 & a Final Four while posting an overall record of 402-180 and 186-94 conference record.
    Delusional Texas fans expect a Natty at least once a decafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    He should have taken the job at Wake when it was offered.
    Yo Shaka, Wake > Marquette.

Shaka needs to shave his head again , he looks like a nerd.

Looks like Texas is targeting Beard. Wonder if Mac McClung would want out. We were one of his finalists right?

I enjoyed breaking the Shaka news to my Big !2-loving buddy. Combined with OU losing Kruger and their great women's BB coach recently, it's a tough time for the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by tagsfan View Post
    I enjoyed breaking the Shaka news to my Big !2-loving buddy. Combined with OU losing Kruger and their great women's BB coach recently, it's a tough time for the conference.
    Losing Shaka most likely strengthens Texas and the Big 12.

Did Marquette offer Shaka’s wife a tenured professor position?

Quote Originally Posted by wakesquirrel View Post
    Looks like Texas is targeting Beard. Wonder if Mac McClung would want out. We were one of his finalists right?
    Is Austin > Lubbock?

Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    Is Austin > Lubbock?
    LOL, good one

McClung is fun to watch but if we had gotten him last summer I’m not sure we would’ve gotten Carter Whitt. Hard to see how Whitt could’ve developed with McClung on the team. Think I’d rather have Whitt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    McClung is fun to watch but if we had gotten him last summer I’m not sure we would’ve gotten Carter Whitt. Hard to see how Whitt could’ve developed with McClung on the team. Think I’d rather have Whitt.
    McClung seems to be much more a scorer than a facilitator. Whitt the other way around.

Rare coaching move in Utah. Craig Smith moving from Utah State to University of Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Rare coaching move in Utah. Craig Smith moving from Utah State to University of Utah.
    Do locals call the University of Utah ‘W’ for short?