• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

FWIW, Shaka Smart is from Wisconsin. So, going to Marquette is heading home. That said, seems clear that Smart pre-emptively made this move to stay ahead of those that wanted him out at Texas. Texas paid Smart a lot of money to win the same number of NCAA Tourney games as Danny Manning at WF in six seasons, despite LOTS of talent.

FWIW, Shaka Smart is from Wisconsin. So, going to Marquette is heading home. That said, seems clear that Smart pre-emptively made this move to stay ahead of those that wanted him out at Texas. Texas paid Smart a lot of money to win the same number of NCAA Tourney games as Danny Manning at WF in six seasons, despite LOTS of talent.

He should have taken the job at Wake when it was offered.

2-3??? More like 6. They kept Wojo that long.

True That. 3 NCAA appearances for Shaka and 0 wins. Meanwhile they weren't happy with Rick Barnes and his winning record there and he had about 19 NCAA tourney wins while at Texas--2 Sweet 16's, a Elite 8 & a Final Four while posting an overall record of 402-180 and 186-94 conference record.

True That. 3 NCAA appearances for Shaka and 0 wins. Meanwhile they weren't happy with Rick Barnes and his winning record there and he had about 19 NCAA tourney wins while at Texas--2 Sweet 16's, a Elite 8 & a Final Four while posting an overall record of 402-180 and 186-94 conference record.

Delusional Texas fans expect a Natty at least once a decafe.

Shaka needs to shave his head again , he looks like a nerd.

Looks like Texas is targeting Beard. Wonder if Mac McClung would want out. We were one of his finalists right?

I enjoyed breaking the Shaka news to my Big !2-loving buddy. Combined with OU losing Kruger and their great women's BB coach recently, it's a tough time for the conference.

I enjoyed breaking the Shaka news to my Big !2-loving buddy. Combined with OU losing Kruger and their great women's BB coach recently, it's a tough time for the conference.

Losing Shaka most likely strengthens Texas and the Big 12.

Did Marquette offer Shaka’s wife a tenured professor position?

McClung is fun to watch but if we had gotten him last summer I’m not sure we would’ve gotten Carter Whitt. Hard to see how Whitt could’ve developed with McClung on the team. Think I’d rather have Whitt.

McClung is fun to watch but if we had gotten him last summer I’m not sure we would’ve gotten Carter Whitt. Hard to see how Whitt could’ve developed with McClung on the team. Think I’d rather have Whitt.

McClung seems to be much more a scorer than a facilitator. Whitt the other way around.

Rare coaching move in Utah. Craig Smith moving from Utah State to University of Utah.

Back