• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

I don’t get the fascination around Beilein at all. He’s 68 and departed from his last coaching job under somewhat questionable circumstances. Sure it makes sense if you’re Wake Forest coming off 10 years in the dessert but I don’t at all understand the appeal for an established program like Texas.

*desert. I’m either dumb or hungry.

Wonder if there was any buy out for Shaka. Del Conte wasn’t going to fire him because of the buy out and he just canned the football coach. Shaka probably did enough to survive another year but Abilene Christian burned up some of that good will.

Did they live in Lubbock when he was at Little Rock?

In light of this news, seems like issues around Matta’s health continue to be significant.

Woodson and Matta could be one tough combo. Woodson brings the NBA experience as a player and coach. Matta brings the elite coaching and administrative ability for college without recruiting responsibilities.

An associate AD for one sport that’s not football seems like overkill. If there’s a clear division of labor, that seems like a great hire.

That’s what I was thinking but the GM without active recruiting so like player personnel, scouting, maybe scheduling, who knows.

I doubt Matta recruits. He'll organize and develop the administrative aspects Woodson is unfamiliar with and provide experience on coaching matters as needed. A mentor for the college game available for consultation.

Back