• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Will they even have space for Ernie Nestor on the bench?

Gaudio is available.

In addition to Chilldress, here are some other WF players currently coaching:

Iowa HC Fran McCaffrey played his freshman year at WF.

EKU Coach AW Hamilton played two years at WF.

Mark Cline is an assistant coach at Marshall. He’s been a D1 assistant for years.

Programs don’t have coaching trees. Coaches have coaching trees. Programs have alums.

Rutland, Dawson, Downey or John Buck might be interested in assistant job at Winthrop if Gray decided to go that direction.

I think that BJ McKie would be in the mix for the Winthrop job as well, although probably behind Justin Gray.

How about a Gregg Marshall return to Winthrop? :noidea:

They do have bars in Rock Hill for his wife.:beer:

Last edited:
I'll say what I am sure some others are thinking...

Shay can take Chill's spot.

That is a bullshit move by ETSU. I bet Forbes finds a spot for him at WFU.

It sounds like it was Shay's decision to resign. I doubt those two situations are related but if they are it sounds like a pussy ass reason to leave your team willingly.

The TN legislature must have addressed every need of its people if they can focus legislative time on how the ETSU basketball team handles the national anthem.

Whatever happened to Jeff Battle? I wish we'd bring him back. If I recall, he was instrumental in bringing in top recruits during the Prosser/Gaudio years. It feels like forever that Wake was in a recruiting battle for top 10-20 recruits.

It sounds like it was Shay's decision to resign. I doubt those two situations are related but if they are it sounds like a pussy ass reason to leave your team willingly.

Maybe he was tired of receiving threats from the rube fans

Back