• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Whatever happened to Jeff Battle? I wish we'd bring him back. If I recall, he was instrumental in bringing in top recruits during the Prosser/Gaudio years. It feels like forever that Wake was in a recruiting battle for top 10-20 recruits.

Been coaching at Providence for 5 years

I’ll gladly welcome Shay reuniting with Forbes.

Whatever happened to Jeff Battle? I wish we'd bring him back. If I recall, he was instrumental in bringing in top recruits during the Prosser/Gaudio years. It feels like forever that Wake was in a recruiting battle for top 10-20 recruits.

the forbes era is here. i'm confident he will bring wake back to respectability soon. we should respect and remember other eras (not including [Redacted] and wanabe kansas ad) and move forward.

It sounds like it was Shay's decision to resign. I doubt those two situations are related but if they are it sounds like a pussy ass reason to leave your team willingly.

Sounds like an understandable reason when you realize that the state legislature is going to dictate how you handle your team. Most coaches don’t like to be micromanaged by an AD, much less a bunch of reactionaries in a state legislature.

Shay had a booster rebellion led by Johnson City Honda on top of the pressure from the politicians. They were angry over his support of the players kneeling and refused to keep donating if he returned.

I don’t see how this doesn’t knee cap their recruiting and seriously limit the candidate pool willing to take that job.

Shay had a booster rebellion led by Johnson City Honda on top of the pressure from the politicians. They were angry over his support of the players kneeling and refused to keep donating if he returned.

I don’t see how this doesn’t knee cap their recruiting and seriously limit the candidate pool willing to take that job.

May be why the SoCon freshman of the year is in the portal.

It sounds like it was Shay's decision to resign. I doubt those two situations are related but if they are it sounds like a pussy ass reason to leave your team willingly.

This is one of the worst takes I've ever seen here. Jesus...

I hope the only coaches who will take the ETSU job are Manning or [Redacted].

Let me get this straight. People complaining about "cancel culture" have no problem cancelling a basketball coach.

Got it!

Back