• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Yeah at what point do we know whether Forbes is good moving forward with Childress continuing to be on his staff? I got the sense it was a sort of tryout but maybe that’s not right. Or maybe it was, and he passed. But we know Forbes won’t settle in any area so if he sees an assistant coach upgrade opportunity he could take it, especially for someone with whom he’s familiar.

I would be shocked if Chill was let go this year. He had a pretty terrible winter personally and I would hope Forbes would give him another year to prove his value to the program IF there were issues.

Last edited:

Expectations are super-high at Utah State. Craig Smith, who just took the Utah job, made (or would've made) the NCAAs in each of his 3 years there winning an average of 25 games a year. Before Smith, USU was coached by legend Stu Morrill who won 20+ games 14 of his 17 years there. Between Smith and Morrill, Utah State had 3 .500 years under Tim Duryea, who was promptly fired for going 48-49. If Odom doesn't win quickly at Utah State, and the Mountain West is an under-the-radar tough conference, they will move on.

Good luck to Ryan.

Cincy should snap up Archie Miller. I still think he's a good coach.

There are no guarantees that UC actually fires Brannen.

True, but would anyone play at Cincy if Brannen returns? Seems like Cincy has to move on. Similar to Gregg Marshall at Wichita State. I think Cincy is taking the time to build the case to fire Brannen for cause; so, they get out from under his contract.

There are no guarantees that UC actually fires Brannen.

He gone. He's had 7 players who he recruited transfer. This is the Manning situation. They're trying to build a for cause case to drive down the settlement.

Back