• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

When I was a kid and just becoming a serious sports fanatic who would comb over the sports pages each day, DePaul was my gold standard of a great basketball program. They were always ranked in the top 5 but rarely on tv which made them elusively mysterious and enticing to my young mind

I remember retiring such thoughts about DePaul.

Other than Porter Moser. And I could see him taking the DePaul job.

I mean, that's my point

it's all about the coach -- DePaul is in the better conference, plays in a better part of the city (though I guess you could argue on-campus is better than anywhere off-campus), school in a more central part of the city, academics seem to be roughly equal

no reason DePaul can't be a top program in a world where schools like Villanova are top programs

Wojo has been fired from Marquette.

Funny that the best K coaching disciple might be the sketchy Quin Snyder, who was Missouri fired amid 17 allegations of providing improper inducements to recruits. Quin learned how to cheat from K, but missed the part about how to keep it covered up.

To be fair (not sure why fairness is relevant when it comes to Duke Basketball), but Mike Brey has been a solid at ND. That said, lots of diseased branches in the K coaching tree.

Goodman suggesting that Tom Crean would love to be reunited w/ Marquette. Wonder if that is mutual.

Goodman suggesting that Tom Crean would love to be reunited w/ Marquette. Wonder if that is mutual.

I'm sure UGA would like to get out from under Crean's big contract which has resulted in crappy basketball seasons.

UGA would be the guy who is looking to dump his GF, and then, out of the blue, she says she wants to move on. Feign regret, and then as soon as she leaves:

[video]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a3/68/18/a36818faa390b23ac8359edd69889cc7.gif[/video]

Funny that the best K coaching disciple might be the sketchy Quin Snyder, who was Missouri fired amid 17 allegations of providing improper inducements to recruits. Quin learned how to cheat from K, but missed the part about how to keep it covered up.

To be fair (not sure why fairness is relevant when it comes to Duke Basketball), but Mike Brey has been a solid at ND. That said, lots of diseased branches in the K coaching tree.

Yeah, Brey did a solid job at ND up until the last few years but should be fired now. And Amaker is still having a nice run at Harvard - but only after 2 failed major stints. Johnny D had that 1 nice season at UCF, but his 2 stints at Stanford and UCF have been pretty meh. It's a shame too because he's the only former Dukie I root for as a coach. I loved him as a player back before K replaced Deano as the center of evil in the ACC universe and thought he'd be a better pro, but that knee injury really hampered him.

Back