• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

So your position is that he was perfectly healthy enough to coach IU, but passed it up to be an Associate AD?

No, my position is and was that he was the leader and that it was a GUESS/HANDICAPPING. I notice NO ONE mentioned Woodson. I am saying the reports about his health were wrong as did SI and "multiple sources". There are more people saying there was no health problem than saying there was.

Last edited:
So your position is that he was perfectly healthy enough to coach IU, but passed it up to be an Associate AD?
Give it a few more days and his position will be that he knew Matta would be Associate AD all along, but that he couldn't mention it because his sources asked him not to.

No, my position is and was that he was the leader and that it was a GUESS/HANDICAPPING. I notice NO ONE mentioned WoodsI am saying the reports about his health were wrong as did SI and "multiple sources". There are more people saying there was no health problem than saying there was.
The ONLY thing that has been said is that there was NO PHYSICAL. That is not and will never be the same as Matta not having any health issues. The fact that he's not the coach, and has not accepted any other vacancies, makes it more than reasonable to assume that he does continue to have health issues.

Matta's health had to be a concern (for him or IU) after his last job paid him to sit at home due to health issues. Despite insurance protection the appetite for that has to be low. The guy took a job to be directly involved in the attempt to revitalize a former blue blood while not having to do the recruiting heavy lifting had to be pretty tough to pass on.

No, my position is and was that he was the leader and that it was a GUESS/HANDICAPPING. I notice NO ONE mentioned WoodsI am saying the reports about his health were wrong as did SI and "multiple sources". There are more people saying there was no health problem than saying there was.

Still need clarity. Did he or did he not want the job, according to you? If he did, why didn’t he get it? Isn’t it a feasible option that his health is preventing it, so he opted for a lesser role?

First of all, it's not according to me. But we won't go there.

Remember the last time I didn't have a source? Remember, I followed the yokels' request to confirm where my info originated. Remember, how the handpicked adjudicator of that reported I did have that access.

Well, we won't be doing that again. Believe what you want. But it might be "feasible" to think I know what I'm talking about here or be as wrong as the haters were the last time.

Here's your clarity- This info is much better.

Take it or leave it. I don't care.

Remember the last time I didn't have a source? Remember, I followed the yokels' request to confirm where my info originated. Remember, how the handpicked adjudicator of that reported I did have that access.

Well, we won't be doing that again. Believe what you want. But it might be "feasible" to think I know what I'm talking about here or be as wrong as the haters were the last time.

You’re coming at us with “Reading is Fundamental” and yet your position is untenable.

And this thing you just posted proves absolutely nothing and actually says even more than you realize. When pressed, claim a source and then you’re evidently unassailable. But... shouldn’t the source be correct?

I think you should go on the record. Did he want the IU job, or no? If so, why didn’t he get it?

Why is he now the Associate AD if not for health? I certainly don’t know the answer. But the health rationale is quite “feasible.”

What kept him from being the Wake coach, according to you?

BTW not everybody who disagrees with you is a hater. Just state your position. But if you’re going to be adamant with others that they’re wrong, accept that they will require proof.

The source is correct. Again, I have already proven that in the very, very, very rare times I use that word I am correct. I have proven that.

My position is exactly correct. Yours is untenable as it is almost 100% a guess.

I don't want to get banned. I can't go any further than this.

P.S. The only way one has sources and keeps them is not outing them on a message board.

Your source is correct about what? It’s really good to go on the record, for as many times as you claim to be right.

So: your source is right that _____. Matta is healthy enough to coach but is choosing not to? Something else? State it in plain English.

Alternative theory: why am I bothering?

Give it a few more days and his position will be that he knew Matta would be Associate AD all along, but that he couldn't mention it because his sources asked him not to.

Ha. Called it...only rather than a few more days, it was less than 20 minutes. When pressed, RJ invents sources. Every time.

Last edited:
I think you should go on the record. Did he want the IU job, or no? If so, why didn’t he get it?

Why is he now the Associate AD if not for health? I certainly don’t know the answer. But the health rationale is quite “feasible.”

What kept him from being the Wake coach, according to you?

BTW not everybody who disagrees with you is a hater. Just state your position. But if you’re going to be adamant with others that they’re wrong, accept that they will require proof.

Matta had long haul from COVID long before anyone else. That’s the only thing that can connect all those dots.

Back