• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Good for Kelsey- CofC is a nice job with some good basketball tradition. Rumors are that the south Carolina job is going to open in the next 24 hours and I have to think Kelsey would have been an option there.

Good for Kelsey- CofC is a nice job with some good basketball tradition. Rumors are that the south Carolina job is going to open in the next 24 hours and I have to think Kelsey would have been an option there.

I would have thought Kelsey to SC would have been a no brainer but when you have an AD in Columbia who works in the mode of Ron Wellman, you don't think like that. I hear they are looking at the Oklahoma St coach because he is a former Gamecock. Damn Ray Tanner is an idiot!

When Pat arrived in Amherst, he found massive cheating. It was not a hard decision to walk away. He’s not a cheater. It was classy of him to keep his mouth shut.

Xavier and Wake really missed out here. He’ll be around.

this may be true, but without any evidence one way or the other, this is a very convenient take

this may be true, but without any evidence one way or the other, this is a very convenient take

I found an article that said he signed the contract on Tuesday and he backed out on Thursday 30 minutes before he was supposed to be introduced. So on Wednesday did they have an orientation meeting where they presented him with “The UMASS Big Book of Cheating”.

I found an article that said he signed the contract on Tuesday and he backed out on Thursday 30 minutes before he was supposed to be introduced. So on Wednesday did they have an orientation meeting where they presented him with “The UMASS Big Book of Cheating”.
Bagman 101: The UMASS way.

Weren’t there rumors when they hired Wojo that they were actually hiring Shaka?

Kind of makes sense for Shaka. What I’ve gathered from friends in Austin is that nobody cares about UT basketball but this feels like a get out of town before you fire me type of move. He’s been underwhelming with the talent at UT.

they're making a mistake. need to hire a young up and comer like Wojo. not some also-ran from a major conference. that's 100 years of loser talk.

This seems like what Maryland fans want Mark Turgeon to do.

Going to be interesting to see what happens with Chris Beard. Beard went to Texas (he was a student manager when Tom Penders coached) and then a grad assistant at Texas. It has always been speculated that Texas was the one job that Beard really wanted. Really poor form for one conference school to poach a coach from another conference school, but it has happened, and Texas can out-spend anyone.

There are some interesting dominos that could fall from this move. You have to think that Texas makes a serious run at Chris Beard. There was chatter on the IU boards that Beard wanted an IU offer to put pressure on Texas to fire Shaka.

And with Marquette no longer open, that helps IU if it chooses to pursue Porter Moser. There's been a lot of speculation that Marquette wanted Moser and that given its proximity to Chicago and its cultural similarity to Loyola, Moser was interested in Marquette. Whether IU wants him, and whether he is interested in leaving Loyola for Bloomington, are open questions.

Shaka to Marquette.

Back