• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Newsome to wear wake helmet in Senior bowl

Here's one of Newsome's INT from yesterday. Tipped ball, but no idea what he was thinking.

Can't see any of the coverage from that camera angle, but it still looks like a poor decision - have to take the open check-down man in the flat in the NFL

Can't see any of the coverage from that camera angle, but it still looks like a poor decision - have to take the open check-down man in the flat in the NFL

This is going to be his first "live game action" in over a year, you have to expect rust. All the QB drills in the world arent going to keep him fresh when facing an opposing 11.

This is going to be his first "live game action" in over a year, you have to expect rust. All the QB drills in the world arent going to keep him fresh when facing an opposing 11.

Looked more like your typical college QB learning that throws he could make in college aren't going to be available in the NFL

Yeah, you don't get to play NC State every week.

Glad Sage and Newman felt comfortable enough to play in this exhibition game with all the Covid stuff going on.

c558377996237d85f3e8dade91061e41.jpg

Well if he’s going to play lousy never mind wear the UGA stuff

Some people really don't get it! This is their chance to work out and display their skills in front of NFL coaches for the upcoming draft. They're both Wake Forest graduates, support our guys and STFU!

Some people really don't get it! This is their chance to work out and display their skills in front of NFL coaches for the upcoming draft. They're both Wake Forest graduates, support our guys and STFU!

Alternative theory: it’s a message board and I’m just having some fun.

How is Boogie Surratt and Sage Newsome looking today?

Apparently not very good. Mike Tannenbaum has Jamie going in the 6th round now.

Jamie Newman has thrown four interceptions in the past two practices, and he had his fair share of questionable throws on Thursday. After a hot start to the Senior Bowl week, he has cooled off a little bit.

LOL. There's rusty, and then there's just a terrible throw, that looks like he is spaced out. That ball had no chance of getting to a receiver.

I'd draft Sage and Boogie, though, round 1 and 2.

I guess Newsome's decision to prepare for a future in football by not playing football, doesn't seem to be working out too great huh?

I guess Newsome's decision to prepare for a future in football by not playing football, doesn't seem to be working out too great huh?

Funny how that works right? Imagine being the jabroni that got in his ear before the Pinstripe Bowl last year and ruined his career with delusions of grandeur. He had checked out before the first snap against Michigan State. He was already pondering which shade of cobalt he wanted his G-Wagon to be after he signed his first-round pick rookie deal. How do you convince a QB, who feasted on weak ACC teams in a gimmicky offense that fit him perfectly, that he would be better off in a pro-style offense in the SEC? At a place like UGA who had just run off one of the best QB's they've ever had, essentially because he was black? Seriously, whoever put that bug in his ear shouldn't be allowed anywhere near another college football player ever again.

I know, he's a grown man and needs to learn that his decisions have consequences. But the guy was a backup QB at Wake in Nov. 2018 and by Dec. 2019 he was apparently a lock first-round draft pick and the savior of UGA football? You don't get from point A to point B in a little over 12 months without someone blowing some serious smoke up your ass. I'm willing to bet big money that the person or group of people doing so had a vested financial interest in getting him into the NFL. Laughable that they screwed themselves out of a payday, but sad that they ruined this young man's chances at doing something special his last season in college and turned him from an early-round pick to a late-round pick if he's lucky.

Newman's playing well at the Senior Bowl and/or getting drafted will only help WF football. Posted this on the Les' Board, but when Newman's gets drafted, ESPN and NFL Network will bust out the clip of Newman bulldozing the UNC defense on his way to a TD against the Heels. That alone will make me happy, regardless of Newman's misadventures in Athens.

Wonder if Newman will attend the NFL Pro Day at WF (assuming that the NFL will move forward with Pro Day's this year).

Agree with this. Hope Newman gets it together.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...erz-among-these-prospects-with-most-to-prove/

Last edited:
Back