• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Newsome to wear wake helmet in Senior bowl

Funny how that works right? Imagine being the jabroni that got in his ear before the Pinstripe Bowl last year and ruined his career with delusions of grandeur. He had checked out before the first snap against Michigan State. He was already pondering which shade of cobalt he wanted his G-Wagon to be after he signed his first-round pick rookie deal. How do you convince a QB, who feasted on weak ACC teams in a gimmicky offense that fit him perfectly, that he would be better off in a pro-style offense in the SEC? At a place like UGA who had just run off one of the best QB's they've ever had, essentially because he was black? Seriously, whoever put that bug in his ear shouldn't be allowed anywhere near another college football player ever again.

I know, he's a grown man and needs to learn that his decisions have consequences. But the guy was a backup QB at Wake in Nov. 2018 and by Dec. 2019 he was apparently a lock first-round draft pick and the savior of UGA football? You don't get from point A to point B in a little over 12 months without someone blowing some serious smoke up your ass. I'm willing to bet big money that the person or group of people doing so had a vested financial interest in getting him into the NFL. Laughable that they screwed themselves out of a payday, but sad that they ruined this young man's chances at doing something special his last season in college and turned him from an early-round pick to a late-round pick if he's lucky.

Harsh, but spot on.

PS i think Sage should move to TE. he's not explosive enough to get separation at WR but could be a real weapon as sort of a poor man's Gates.

Terrible series for Newman. Interesting that he is wearing this years helmet with the BLM sticker despite leaving last year.

Funny how that works right? Imagine being the jabroni that got in his ear before the Pinstripe Bowl last year and ruined his career with delusions of grandeur. He had checked out before the first snap against Michigan State. He was already pondering which shade of cobalt he wanted his G-Wagon to be after he signed his first-round pick rookie deal. How do you convince a QB, who feasted on weak ACC teams in a gimmicky offense that fit him perfectly, that he would be better off in a pro-style offense in the SEC? At a place like UGA who had just run off one of the best QB's they've ever had, essentially because he was black? Seriously, whoever put that bug in his ear shouldn't be allowed anywhere near another college football player ever again.

I know, he's a grown man and needs to learn that his decisions have consequences. But the guy was a backup QB at Wake in Nov. 2018 and by Dec. 2019 he was apparently a lock first-round draft pick and the savior of UGA football? You don't get from point A to point B in a little over 12 months without someone blowing some serious smoke up your ass. I'm willing to bet big money that the person or group of people doing so had a vested financial interest in getting him into the NFL. Laughable that they screwed themselves out of a payday, but sad that they ruined this young man's chances at doing something special his last season in college and turned him from an early-round pick to a late-round pick if he's lucky.

Is it such a wild stretch that a bug of sorts was also planted in Walker's ear during bowl prep vs Michigan State? Maybe one and the same culprit?

Is it such a wild stretch that a bug of sorts was also planted in Walker's ear during bowl prep vs Michigan State? Maybe one and the same culprit?

Who knows man? There are so many idiots out there trying to make a quick buck off of college athletes with little to no regard for what’s actually best for them. It’s sickening and is only going to get worse.

“Hey if I’m the first guy on this players bandwagon and can attach myself to them before they are noticed by the big boys, maybe I can get some money from an agent or even be his agent once he makes it big. Now let’s convince him he’s the next Deshaun Watson and get him to make selfish decisions with complete disregard for his current teammates and coaching staff. Everything that led him to this moment means nothing, he must protect his draft stock and leave for “greener pastures” to increase his visibility....oh, man the coaching staff at his new school isn’t jiving with him and he’s not playing well. No need to let these assholes tarnished golden goose, don’t even waste your time playing this year Jamie. You’re a top 10 pick no matter what.... oh shit, you were literally the only power 5 QB to opt out and everyone pretty much ended up playing this year? Let’s throw your rusty ass into the national spotlight in Mobile this week on whim and see how that works out.... 4 interceptions huh? 6th round at best? Well it was nice knowing ya Jamie! Btw do you have Kenneth Walkers number?”

If anyone was wondering who the prime suspect is for Jamie’s departure and subsequent downfall look no further than self proclaimed QB “guru” Quincy Avery. He is everything that is wrong with college football.

Who knows man? There are so many idiots out there trying to make a quick buck off of college athletes with little to no regard for what’s actually best for them. It’s sickening and is only going to get worse.

“Hey if I’m the first guy on this players bandwagon and can attach myself to them before they are noticed by the big boys, maybe I can get some money from an agent or even be his agent once he makes it big. Now let’s convince him he’s the next Deshaun Watson and get him to make selfish decisions with complete disregard for his current teammates and coaching staff. Everything that led him to this moment means nothing, he must protect his draft stock and leave for “greener pastures” to increase his visibility....oh, man the coaching staff at his new school isn’t jiving with him and he’s not playing well. No need to let these assholes tarnished golden goose, don’t even waste your time playing this year Jamie. You’re a top 10 pick no matter what.... oh shit, you were literally the only power 5 QB to opt out and everyone pretty much ended up playing this year? Let’s throw your rusty ass into the national spotlight in Mobile this week on whim and see how that works out.... 4 interceptions huh? 6th round at best? Well it was nice knowing ya Jamie! Btw do you have Kenneth Walkers number?”

If anyone was wondering who the prime suspect is for Jamie’s departure and subsequent downfall look no further than self proclaimed QB “guru” Quincy Avery. He is everything that is wrong with college football.

yeah, this tweet was a little too soon after Newman/Newsome left WF

So true. Remember when Kelly Bryant bailed on his team mid-season when he lost QB1 to Trevor Lawrence? And there were many on here arguing it was a good decision? Here's what Avery said at that time about the new transfer rule, "I’m not sure if everybody thought about it going into but immediately when I saw the rule, I knew quarterbacks were going to be in a power position."

So, how did that play out? Lawrence got hurt the next game, and Clemson played Chase Brice. Bryant transferred to Missouri, went undrafted, and hasn't played in the NFL.

Not sure why Kelly Bryant took and takes so much heat. He was one of many good college QBs who didn’t make the NFL. He left before he was going to get benched by a more talented player.

Kelly Bryant didn’t make it as NFL QB because he’s not good enough. Not because he transferred after becoming a second string QB.

Kelly Bryant didn’t make it as NFL QB because he’s not good enough. Not because he transferred after becoming a second string QB.

You had some good takes on Bryant back then. But you also repeatedly wrote that Jalen Hurts wasn’t an NFL QB.

Huh?

Yes. He was drafted in the second round by the Eagles and threw for over 1000 yards his rookie season.

Would you want to build your team around Jalen Hurts ? To me, that is an NFL quarterback. Let's say, generously, there are 15-20 of those guys in the league. I don't think Hurts is one of those guys. I don't even think I'd trade Bridgewater, with his current contract, for Hurts with his rookie contract.

Would you want to build your team around Jalen Hurts ? To me, that is an NFL quarterback. Let's say, generously, there are 15-20 of those guys in the league. I don't think Hurts is one of those guys. I don't even think I'd trade Bridgewater, with his current contract, for Hurts with his rookie contract.

If someone starts at quarterback in the NFL without extenuating circumstances (like injuries to the starter) then they are an NFL quarterback.

Back