• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Newsome to wear wake helmet in Senior bowl

socaldeac

Reaction score
Nice to see. Hopefully we will be able to see Jamie to Sage connection

Newsome could have been one of the all time greats but it feels like he wasn’t even here.

This should be some good publicity for Wake. If he and Sage are wearing the same helmet and connect for a TD or three, the "Wake Forest connection" line would be great to hear.

After Jamie transferred, this is one of the better ways for Wake that Jamie's college career ends.

Yeah Clawson is probably still pissed.

Those 2 guys play all year (with just 1 other healthy safety since our backup safeties were disastrous in our losses) and we probably go 7-2 and then play in a more meaningful bowl game.

And maybe win the bowl game on "national television" as opposed to our keystone cops field goal and punt units kicking line drives, dropping snaps, getting punts blocked, on "national television" etc. and go 8-2 and Claw gets what he deserves --- national recognition as THE MAN.

Newman and Sage set records...move UP the NFL draft board securely in round 1...

Ah, my yearly Wake Forest fan dream "what if" scenarios...we are so close...

^^ This. Really truly the most Wake Forest thing ever that we didn't get to watch two of our top NFL prospects play their last year...especially at QB and WR.

Newman's playing well at the Senior Bowl and/or getting drafted will only help WF football. Posted this on the Les' Board, but when Newman's gets drafted, ESPN and NFL Network will bust out the clip of Newman bulldozing the UNC defense on his way to a TD against the Heels. That alone will make me happy, regardless of Newman's misadventures in Athens.

Wonder if Newman will attend the NFL Pro Day at WF (assuming that the NFL will move forward with Pro Day's this year).

I think one of the Newman articles said his trainer wasn’t sure if Newman could get the Pro Day at Wake. I’d hope Clawson would allow it if only to get Sage quality throws.

I think one of the Newman articles said his trainer wasn’t sure if Newman could get the Pro Day at Wake. I’d hope Clawson would allow it if only to get Sage quality throws.

They could help make each other look good.

Maybe Jessie Bates could stop by to say "hello."😁

Newman's playing well at the Senior Bowl and/or getting drafted will only help WF football. Posted this on the Les' Board, but when Newman's gets drafted, ESPN and NFL Network will bust out the clip of Newman bulldozing the UNC defense on his way to a TD against the Heels. That alone will make me happy, regardless of Newman's misadventures in Athens.

Wonder if Newman will attend the NFL Pro Day at WF (assuming that the NFL will move forward with Pro Day's this year).

Poor Chazz

Jamie looked good at day one practice but just threw 2 straight picks at today's practice.

Back