• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Newsome to wear wake helmet in Senior bowl

I read somewhere he had a "lower body" injury the other day. It did not elaborate so I assume it wasn't serious. Given some of the reporters comments on him being slow and easily covered I suspect he did not want to showcase that on TV

So, to clarify, you watched Sage dominate at Wake for multiple years, but now believe he sucks because of reporter comments from the Senior Bowl? Or were you saying that his injury is likely why the practices weren’t great for him?

I read somewhere he had a "lower body" injury the other day. It did not elaborate so I assume it wasn't serious. Given some of the reporters comments on him being slow and easily covered I suspect he did not want to showcase that on TV. I'm guessing, as mentioned above, Boogie killed it in practice and thought "I'm good".

It doesn’t matter if Sage is covered. Throw it anyway and he’ll take care of the rest.

Seems like the same questions about speed and separation surround Sage as last year. Not sure he’s going to do anything to answer those question before the draft.

So, to clarify, you watched Sage dominate at Wake for multiple years, but now believe he sucks because of reporter comments from the Senior Bowl? Or were you saying that his injury is likely why the practices weren’t great for him?

What I mean is I think during the practices he was covered pretty well and got not-so-good marks by scouts. Once he got a slight injury there was no reason to risk looking worse on the field during the game. Boogie killed it in practice so there was no reason to play. I never said he sucks. Don't get your undies in a wad.

Also I think the injury or whatever it was happened at the end of the second day or the third day. It appears he had plenty of time to shine.

Back